1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I just d/l the demo map and not the whole demo?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by The Rusty Gamer, Apr 24, 2013.

1. The Rusty Gamer

The Rusty Gamer Chieftain

I've had all variations of Civ 4 & 5 for some time but I always remember enjoying the Civ 4 demo map when I had the demo.

After getting Civ 4 proper, I removed the demo, as you tend to do but I miss the map.

Is the demo map available seperately for download somewhere so I can play it with the full game? Does someone have it somewhere?

2. lymond

lymond Rise Up! (Phoenix Style!) Hall of Fame Staff

Not sure why you would want to play a demo map when you have BTS now, but my assumption is that it is probably a scenario type file under the demo program. It may not be compatible though since demo are often made with unfinished versions of the game. However, Civ maps/scenarios are sometimes easily transferable between versions.

I would download and install the demo and then look for the "Public Maps" folder. Copy that to your regular Civ public maps folder and play it as a scenario. Then delete the demo.

3. lymond

I'm trying it myself now to see if I can get you the map. Hope it does not jack up anything

4. lymond

I've attached a WB file from the Demo. I edited it to take out the max turns limitation, so you should be able to play a full game. The file could also be edited to take out the preset Civs so that you could play random civs. However, you should be able to play custom scenario and change all that...i think (edit: No you can't, but it will allow you to change the speed and some other options)

Unzip the file here and play as scenario:

C:\Users\Name\Documents\My Games\Civilization 4 Complete\Saves\WorldBuilder

Map doesn't look all that special to me. You could roll any Pangaea map and get something just as good or better.

Attached Files:

5. lymond

I went one step further and converted the Demo to BTS (since that is the version of Civ you should be playing), as well as removing the leader/civs limitation and the speed. Unzip in similar folder noted above but for BTS. Play as scenario or custom scenario.

Attached Files:

6. The Rusty Gamer

The Rusty Gamer Chieftain