1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I "leash" aliens?

Discussion in 'CivBE - Strategy & Tips' started by CBE Player, Oct 21, 2015.

1. CBE Player

CBE Player Chieftain

Hi
    I have the ability to leash the liens but when I put my Explorer next to any smaller sea creatures there is no button to press to leash the alien at all.

What am I missing?:confused:

Do I also have to build a building or something?

The crappy "peadia" does not explain anything about it. (kinda expected)

is the tech just broken?

ThankX

2. Olodune

Olodune Chieftain GOTM Staff

Did you get the leash ability from the tech web or the marvel quest?

If from the tech web there should be a button on the explorer's action list. To the far left.

If from the marvel quest only combat units can leash - not sure if the explorer counts.

3. CBE Player

CBE Player Chieftain

The Marvel Quest just lets you leash with combat units I believe, I got the tech which allows my explorer units to leash.

4. Olodune

Hmm. Well, you need to be right next to the alien and have movement left. If there is still no option it is probably a bug - but I've had no issues leashing with explorers.

5. CBE Player

CBE Player Chieftain

Yeah my Explorer is right next to each of the two smaller sea creatures, but neither comes up with a button to press to leash.

What does the button look like on your screen? Is it with all the other buttons along the bottom left?

The Explorer has just been sitting there next to the two aliens for several turns with them moving around once in a while but not attacking my explorer. :crazyeye:

6. Olodune

You have Alien Lifeforms and Harmony Affinity 3, right?

It should look like this. (A Wolf Beetle icon + a HoMM3 hynoptize; makes sense)
    Spoiler :

7. CBE Player

CBE Player Chieftain

Ok I thunk I got what is wrong, I don't have Harmony Affinity at all in this game, just 1 point of the red colored one. (forget the name off hand) But I do know I do not have any Harmony Affinity... So that's the trick right there then huh?

OK I'll just wait to see what comes of it and I I still do not get the ability to Leash after getting Harmony 3 I'll write back here again. Thanks!:goodjob: