How do I make forest clearings for resources?

Reveilled

Warlord
I'm trying to add a resource, but though I have all the files and have successfully put it into the game, the one problem I'm having is that it's really hard to see, as the forests cover it up. Every other resource creates a clearing around itself when it's in a forest, so what I need to know is how to add that.

I've had a look at the LSystem, but as far as I can tell that deals with improvements, not resources, and in the nif file, but didn't find anything relevant.

I'm actually adding the resource to Colonization 2, but there is very little advice available in that forum (though someone did point me in the direction of the LSystem), and the two games are so similar that if someone can tell me how to do it in Civ IV then I should be able to do it in Colonization.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In CIV4 a specific (invisible in the games engine, but visible in NifScope) object in the nif file is used to define a tree cut radius around the ressource/improvement.
Look at Iron.nif for example (Does Col have Iron ?! I don't have the game yet...)
If the object is there, it's impossible to miss, so you will easily recognize it when you see it - is called TreeCut01 or something too.

It should be enought to copy/paste this object onto your ressources nif with NifScope.

As of BTS Ressurces (Unimproved to be precise) are not placed via LSystem. Improved ressources might or might not be placed via LSystem, in which case the LSystems (and Improvements) tree Cutting definition is used.

Improvements can habe tree cut objects as well.

You should just compare the Nif's, and if it is not enought the XML entries of a Working ressource with yours.

Top Bottom