how do I make it so the world is round and I can circumnavigate it?

Sherlock

Just one more turn...
I keep having games where I hit the left or right of the map and can't go any further.

Didn't there used to be an option in setup for this?

Didn't there used to be an option for 'don't have ice stop you from circumnavigating the world'?

Is this just random? I could swear I used to be able to do this all the time.

All comments welcome.

What map are you playing on? A map like Continents or Pangaea should wrap, but if I'm not mistaken maps like Inland Sea don't wrap.

I keep having games where I hit the left or right of the map and can't go any further.

Didn't there used to be an option in setup for this?

The feature is called "wrapping." There has never been any set-up for this in the game (although some modded map scripts have it as an option).

All of the map scripts in the game wrap except for Inland Sea, Tilted Axis, 4-Leaf Clover, 6-Arm Snowflake, Mediterranean, East Asia, and Europe. These maps will never wrap.

Didn't there used to be an option for 'don't have ice stop you from circumnavigating the world'?

Nope, there was never an option for this, and this is unrelated to wrapping. You're referring to an option that some mods add that stops ice from blocking the interconnectedness of the ocean so a ship can sail through from one point to the other.

Is this just random? I could swear I used to be able to do this all the time.

All comments welcome.

It's not random. See above.

Very helpful, thank you.

This 'stopping the ice from blocking you' mod.... do you know what it's called? That would be a nice feature.

This 'stopping the ice from blocking you' mod.... do you know what it's called? That would be a nice feature.
I believe it's a feature of YnAEMP, which in addition to its own maps adds a number of nice map generation features.

The Got Lakes Map Script (which I wrote) has options to toggle world wrap, multiple types of naval circumnavigation, and connecting all saltwater seas/oceans with random channels. The naval circumnavigation prevents both ice and impassable natural wonders from getting in the way.

Very helpful, thank you.

I would have thought a submarine should be capable of doing this - especially Nuclear ones in the late game.

depends on the map, I am playing a game on the official huge TSL world map and my Caravel just finished going around the world. Got a Era score for it as well.

Top Bottom