How do I make leader name reset to default?

I remember a while back that whenever I created a new game my name would default to the name of the leader I selected, but now it defaults to whatever name I have used most recently. It is quite annoying as I always just use my leader's name unless I am playing multilayer. I don't know why it changed behavior. Is there some config file somewhere I can edit to make it go back to the original behavior?

I remember a while back that whenever I created a new game my name would default to the name of the leader I selected, but now it defaults to whatever name I have used most recently. It is quite annoying as I always just use my leader's name unless I am playing multilayer. I don't know why it changed behavior. Is there some config file somewhere I can edit to make it go back to the original behavior?

Are you sure about that? As long as I can remember the game has used the name that's given in the Ingame Alias line in the ini file. I've never had it use the name of the leader I was playing.

Are you sure about that? As long as I can remember the game has used the name that'sgive in the Ingame Alias line in the ini file. I've never had it use the name of the leader I was playing.

I'm pretty sure. I'll experiment with values for that line in the ini file to see if i can get the behavior I remember to return.

There's also an choice in the options menu to change your civ info. Idk what it is offhand though, but you can definitely change your leader name.

[default]
That makes your name the default, or it should (it does in custom games).

There's also an choice in the options menu to change your civ info. Idk what it is offhand though, but you can definitely change your leader name.

I know how to do that, and am in fact forced to do it when I play as a random leader. I was hoping to have it go back to using the leader name without me having to type anything.

[default]
That makes your name the default, or it should (it does in custom games).

That makes my name [default] as in "Greetings [default], leader of the puny Dutch."

Top Bottom