How do I play with all 30 civs?

jcikal

The Voice of Reason
I have read somewhere that there's a game goin' on in which they play against 30 civs in the map which is of course custom made. My question is if anyone knows how I can play the epic game with all 30 civs at the same time? If this possible or do I need to pretty much create a new scenario to accomodate such numbers? Thanks for any info.

I'm not entirely sure, but try changing a huge map's rules in the editor. Expect crowded house! Not entirely BasketCase density, but anyway :)

Open up the Conquests editor named Civ3ConquestsEdit in the Conquests folder (C:/Program Files/Infogrames Interactive/Civilization III/Conquests/ or C:/Program Files/Atari/Civilization III/Conquests/).

Click the scenario tab, then custom rules. Say yes to the warning. Go to rules, then edit rules. On the world sizes tab, find the world size you want (or edit one to be bigger -- ie; 200 x 200), and in place of "Number of Civs", write 31. Save this map in your Scenarios folder.

When you load up Conquests, select the Civ-Content menu, your scenario, and choose the map size where you wrote in "31" for the number of civs. Choose the map settings and you are good to go.

Disclaimer: If you don't have Conquests, you can't play with 31 civs unless you add civs to the game.

Its fun to play all 31 if you have the time to wait a while for AI turns to begin/end.

It can get annoying though. Since there are a lot of Civs, it usually means there are 10 or more civs contacting you for crappy deals every turn. They will bug the crap out of you! :lol:

With 8 or 16 civs you can go several turns with out the AI bugging you. But with 31 civs? Forget about it!

But still, 31 civs can be fun.

mastertyguy said:
I would like to play tiny map with 31 civ. THAT is crowded. Like a worldwide OCC!
Really Fun. One game like that I had probably all the remaining civs at war with me (about 20). I was playing with VPs, and I won defending with pikes vs. Cavs, just as I was going down. That was a fun game.

I just tried it. Look at my SL!

Attachments

• SL.JPG
    SL.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 156
Bugfatty300 said:
Its fun to play all 31 if you have the time to wait a while for AI turns to begin/end.

It can get annoying though. Since there are a lot of Civs, it usually means there are 10 or more civs contacting you for crappy deals every turn. They will bug the crap out of you! :lol:

With 8 or 16 civs you can go several turns with out the AI bugging you. But with 31 civs? Forget about it!

But still, 31 civs can be fun.

And as sweet as that sounds, just think of what someone said earlier of having 20 civs against you. Of course if constant wars were being fought, that would slow down research quite a bit, but you would probably find one wimp somewhere that managed to get by pretty unscathed and then ends up doubling or tripling everyone else's research. It's definitely a scenario where having monarchy would be premium. I was wondering recently whether I'm better off getting monarchy and keeping it, as opposed to getting republic and then inevitably having to switch to communism or fascism. Maybe being monarchy with lots of wars, and I do have quite a few given my non-cooperation with civ's threats, is better fro the long haul, or at least to skip the doomed republic step. This 31 civ idea does give me idea for an edge, because I doubt the other civs will settle for it and I will be ready for a war at any moment. the slower research won't matter so much if the other civs are warring all the time. I could have a policy, with monarchy, is that once you go to war with me, it's to the death (or at least until a very lucrative deal).

Results of tiny map 31 civ: actually, I didn't finish that game, but started another, with the Mayas. Up in middle ages, ~1000 AD, I am #1 in terrtory, with 18%!

Top Bottom