How do I put my city on food focus with a controller? Also use links in civlopedia?

iammaxhailme

Emperor
I've played Civ 6 since launch, but on PC. News of the incoming expansions for Switch finally convinced me to get it here, as I've kind of wanted it all along.

Anyway I know you can use the touch screen to tap the food icon, but what if I'm playing on TV? I tried playing with a lot of buttons but couldn't manage it.

Similar question with civlopedia. For example if I'm reading a page about a civic, it'll say "unlocks these cards:" you can touch screen tap the cards to go to their page, but is there a way to do it in docked mode?

You can do that with a d-pad on Pro Controller, or the arrow buttons on joy-cons.

I am new to VI (and the Switch). Is there a consistent way to get mouse-over-style help text to display? I will see icons and no idea what they do really. For example, I figured out that the gear was explore. It sure would be nice to know that without picking the choice and then watch what happens!

I am new to VI (and the Switch). Is there a consistent way to get mouse-over-style help text to display? I will see icons and no idea what they do really. For example, I figured out that the gear was explore. It sure would be nice to know that without picking the choice and then watch what happens!

Its the minus button to show the extra info. Its really helpful. You can also check out unit promotions with it.

Its the minus button to show the extra info. Its really helpful. You can also check out unit promotions with it.
OHMYGOSHTHANKYOU!!!
Did I miss that in the tutorial? If not, how was I suppose to pick that little detail up without asking on this forum???

You can do that with a d-pad on Pro Controller, or the arrow buttons on joy-cons.

This doesn't appear to be working for me... When in docked mode, I have not been able to select any of the links in a Civilopedia page. The D-Pad doesn't seem to do anything (it works just fine outside of the civilopedia page). Is there a setting I need to change or something to enable accessing Civilopedia page links? Or perhaps is this a bug introduced in a recent patch?

This doesn't appear to be working for me... When in docked mode, I have not been able to select any of the links in a Civilopedia page. The D-Pad doesn't seem to do anything (it works just fine outside of the civilopedia page). Is there a setting I need to change or something to enable accessing Civilopedia page links? Or perhaps is this a bug introduced in a recent patch?

Not near my Switch right now, so might be the case. I usually just search in civilopedia. Typing just first few letters usually give the right result below the search box.

Thanks for the reply: The main issue I face is the icons in the civilopedia don't have labels, so there isn't a way to know what a particular card/unit/building is to search by. The only way around it I can think of is to look up the articles on my phone...

Thanks for the reply: The main issue I face is the icons in the civilopedia don't have labels, so there isn't a way to know what a particular card/unit/building is to search by. The only way around it I can think of is to look up the articles on my phone...

I can try to figure it out myself. Maybe you can give me an example of one page in civilopedia or otherwhere in the game so I can check out when I get near my Nintendo again? I will let you know if its a problem now on my end too. What version are you running?

Looks like I am on version 1.2.2 (182946). Here are two screen shots, and the links I am referring to. The first page is for Military Engineering, and the second is Humanism. I circled in red the icons I'm trying to select. Even if I could have a way just to read names of the icons, that would be greatly helpful. Thanks again for looking into it.
Military Engineering.jpg
Humanism.jpg

Looks like I am on version 1.2.2 (182946). Here are two screen shots, and the links I am referring to. The first page is for Military Engineering, and the second is Humanism. I circled in red the icons I'm trying to select. Even if I could have a way just to read names of the icons, that would be greatly helpful. Thanks again for looking into it. View attachment 543974 View attachment 543975

Yeah. I cant find a way to check those either.
I dont think there is a way to do it here. A bit silly.

For techs and civics I see the unlocks (with tooltips on) when I enter the tree and check out the tech there, its probably the best way right now to see what you unlock.

That's a reasonable work around I hadn't thought of, thanks! Do you know if Firaxis takes suggestions about things like this? I imagine it could be fixed in a future patch if requested.

That's a reasonable work around I hadn't thought of, thanks! Do you know if Firaxis takes suggestions about things like this? I imagine it could be fixed in a future patch if requested.

I think its job for Aspyr who made the port, and I dont know how much they are working on this port anymore. I surely hope we could get more support still... I got impression that Switch port sold reasonably well. So far they have done quite a good job, every version of this game have small problems like this.

Hi guys, you can select the icons in the Civilopedia by using the touch screen and pressing them with your finger. I haven't found a way using only the controller yet, though

Top Bottom