[R&F] How do I quantify Reyna's Foreign Exchange promotion?

Ansive

Prince
"3 gold for each foreign trade route passing through the city"

But how do I know how many trade routes are passing through a city? (without reloading after moving Reyna)

But how do I know how many trade routes are passing through a city? (without reloading after moving Reyna)

I'm not sure. I usually skip that, because it's really hard to figure out. I would only take it if I had both a lot of foreign trade routes to my cities, and I noticed they all came from one direction. Otherwise I tend to prefer picking the active bonuses that I have more control over, like the CH/harbor doubling.

IIRC, there is a tab in the trade routes window (icon with 2 arrows on top right of HUD) that show you trade routes coming IN from other civs... should be possible to see in which cities they are coming in

The trade routes window only gives destination and origin, not passing through which the OP was asking.

When these say incoming rather than outgoing (sorry, playing a dom game ATM)
upload_2018-12-31_9-32-40.png

In the city details you can see who has a trading post with you also
upload_2018-12-31_9-51-44.png

However not knowing when a trade route will finish is my worst annoyance... and a 4 tile route takes roughly the same time as a 10 tile route to finish...
This also annoys me. there is a trading post in Bad Tibera but it goes for the shortest route. It sort of makes sense but I want the gold from the trading post in Bad-Tibira
upload_2018-12-31_9-40-3.png

How Genghis can get a trading post before reaching his destination is a little annoying. It takes me at least 25 turns to get a visibility trading post. The post should really appear when the trader first reaches her destination.

Last edited:

There is no way. I've tried desecting coresponding modifier, but it does not allow for calculations in advance, it only shows gold yield when governor already established in a city. This is really annoying.

I have no idea if it ever works or not; as when I take the promotion nothing changes in my GPT immediately; however I end up putting Reyna in a coastal city with the highest possible adjacency with Harbour, Commercial Hub triangle with an art museum and as many great work slots as possible, and then use this as the city I send all of my trade routes from. Surely I get +3 gold for each trade route started in that city? Sometimes we will never know...

I have no idea if it ever works or not; as when I take the promotion nothing changes in my GPT immediately; however I end up putting Reyna in a coastal city with the highest possible adjacency with Harbour, Commercial Hub triangle with an art museum and as many great work slots as possible, and then use this as the city I send all of my trade routes from. Surely I get +3 gold for each trade route started in that city? Sometimes we will never know...
This is all irrelevant. Only foreign routes passing through count.

There is no way. I've tried desecting coresponding modifier
I thought it showed incoming routes? My bad if not... I'll run a test game as Egypt and try and tempt some traders with my stone wares.

I have no idea if it ever works or not; as when I take the promotion nothing changes in my GPT immediately;
I play Reyna a lot, just never bother with it. By the time significant traders start coming in the paltry amount of gold is not up to much

@FearSunn
OK... a trader is now coming for Ra-Kedet from the Kmer, just spotted it.

They do not have a trading post with me yet (but I do with them)
upload_2018-12-31_14-24-56.png

I can already see them in my gold ... but I guess this is because it is egypt.
upload_2018-12-31_14-26-18.png

REgardless, you are right. Swenett which is a city I justy made in between shows no passing through
upload_2018-12-31_14-35-55.png

The trade route screen shows info so you could work it out
upload_2018-12-31_14-29-23.png

@Victoria ,you probably misread somehow. Problem is not to check for current status after governor has been established in a city, but to check in advance where best is to place him (her: Reina).

Isn't this one of the promotions they're removing in the expansion? I'm guessing it's because it doesn't really work.

Top Bottom