How do I remove rationalism from the game?

bradebuque

Chieftain
Hi guys, thank you for have helped me last time.

I just realized: rationalism is mandatory in 100% of games. If you dont pick and the AI pick, you will have a hard time fightinng with your outdated units for more than 15 turns.

This does not gives much choice to the player, and with less choice, there is less strategy. It is a boring aspect of the game.

So I want to remove it from the game completly. Is there some kind of mod to remove it? Is there some kind of main community patch that removes or nerfs rationalism and buffs the other social policies?

Full Tradition into full Rationalism has long been acknowledged as very strong play, but there are players who have been able to make other strategies work. There is a video of Acken playing China as a Domination game
in which he goes Liberty then Honor (if I recall correctly) and there is another one of peddroelm playing the Dutch in a Domination game which showcases his Honor-Commerce-Autocracy strategy.
About four minutes into the first video he explains the strategy fairly fully. If you don't like warfare, of course, these strategies will not be for you, but they do show what is possible if you are a good player.

Last edited:
Top Bottom