1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I restart civilization V?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Technical Support' started by The Grimwar, May 14, 2019.

1. The Grimwar

The Grimwar Chieftain

Not a game, the game itself. Ok, here's what happened.

I downloaded the Community Balance Patch, and even though the mod's inactive, it still changes the UI. I also think it's seriously messing up my mod games, making the UI incompatible with JFD's latest mods on Steam.

The problem is... I've downloaded Community Patch before, and after I uninstalled it I forgot the problem with it and downloaded it from CivFanatics...again.

Facepalm all you want, you have every right to, but how do I completely remove the effects? I know there's a trick somewhere on Steam that I used for this exact situation, but I don't remember what it is.

It was completely fine until I loaded my latest mod game and got an error message from the computer itself...I clicked ok and it immediately exited out of Civilization V.

This page is bookmarked so I don't forget it again, I need that specific trick where you right-click the name of the game in the Steam Library, and then...reboot it, somehow.

It neither accesses the files, nor opens the file browser.

Last edited: May 14, 2019