1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I shot world

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Setsuna, Mar 24, 2009.

1. xalien

xalien Prince

Ancient forests and their improvements are immune to smoke/fire.

Yes, rituals can't be rushed by using gold, pop, slaves or GE's.

2. Luckmann

Luckmann Esusian Epicure

I always felt that Sheaim should have a ritual of some kind, available at 100AC that 1) allows them to start working on another ritual that wins the game and 2) makes everyone declare war on them.

Similarly, Auric Ascended should have something like that too.
    Oh snap.

3. SwordofStriker

SwordofStriker Prince

Unless this was changed, it is incorrect.

Fire will not SPREAD to an ancient forest but you can start one IN an ancient forest. I have not tried this for many, many patches, but this was how it was in the past when I was intent on burning the world. :)

4. xalien

xalien Prince

AFAIK to start a fire you need either adept, cast a ring of flames, cast worldbreak, kill a pyre zombie or azer. Either way it starts with a smoke which will eventually light up. I did all of them many times (except adept) and I've never ever got a smoke to appear. The only time I saw a smoke in AC is when a smoking forest turned ancient. In one game I had a smoke in AC for the entire game, it never lit up.

5. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

that is messed up, smoke should have a higher chance to burst into flames, and Ancient Forests should NOT be Immune

6. Thunder_Gr

Thunder_Gr Emperor

I agree for the higher chance, but I think AF should still remain immune to fire spread, but should be able to start a fire in one.

7. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

perhaps if it has two or more adjacent tiles on fire?

8. Thunder_Gr

Thunder_Gr Emperor

If they are surrounded from 3 sides, it would make sence to have some chances to get caught in flames, I guess. A 20% or lower chance, perhaps.
    But coding this can be really...slow(?)