How do I take a screenshot?

zaphod2016

Warlord
Running Civ III 1.29f on OS X 10.4.10

Where do they go?

Thanks!

Bonus question: when playing a HUGE map with more civs, how do I get to the 2nd "diplomacy circle" page?

Thanks again!

Running Civ III 1.29f on OS X 10.4.10

Where do they go?

Thanks!

Bonus question: when playing a HUGE map with more civs, how do I get to the 2nd "diplomacy circle" page?

Thanks again!
I'm running 10.3.9 so I don't know if it's the same. There's the simple command-shift-3; it puts a file on the desktop. I usually use the Grab utility because I can easily select windows or portions of the screen. It gives me a choice where to save.

Command-Shift-3 has been the shortcut for Mac screenshots since 1984, and still is. It puts a file on your desktop called Picture_N containing the full screen image, where N increments for each new one you make. If you have multiple screens it will produce one image for each screen with slightly different names.

Command-Shift 4 gives you a cross-hairs cursor so that you can select an arbitrary area of the screen, and that is saved to the desktop file. Note that snapping a selection may not work if you run games in full screen mode.

Hold down Control with each of the above and the image is put on your clipboard instead of into a file. You can then paste it straight into an open document - email, image manipulation software etc. I prefer this because I don't end up with lots of unused screenshot files all over my desktop.

As Blue Monkey says, you can also use /Applications/Utilities/Grab, and there are also third party utilities like SnapzPro for more complex variations or making videos of your sceen activity.

Just noticed your Bonus question. You can't select a second page of civs in the diplomacy screen. You can only replace one at a time on the one page.

In Civ3 Play the World and Conquests you have a More Civs button top left of the F4 screen that drops down a menu of the invisible civs. You can select one of them to replace the currently selected leader on the screen.

In Civ3 vanilla you can get to this same menu by holding down Control and Shift, and then clicking the mouse on an existing leader image that will be replaced by your menu selection.

Top Bottom