1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I the game from choosing a certain Civ on random

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by smackthewise, Nov 24, 2013.

1. smackthewise

smackthewise Prince

EDIT: How do I STOP the game from choosing a certain Civ on random settings

Hey all

I saw a long time ago a method for disabling certain Civs from being picked when you start a new game with random leaders. I've been searching for about 30 minutes for a similar post but alas, no results.

I love to play games with random settings, who doesn't like exploring and surprises? But I always have the same leaders being picked in the majority of my games. Greece, Ethiopia, Spain and Hiawatha in particular are virtually guaranteed in be there. On the flip side, i've rarely ever seen Portugal, Carthage, Assyria or America.

Is there a simple method to do this without mods?

2. smackthewise

smackthewise Prince

Hahahahahaha I just loaded Really Advanced Setup and removed some Civs from the "active list" and then they were the first two I met in game. Exit, start again, unselect everyone except those I don't want to see. Start as one instead :hammer2:

I guess the mod is broken at the moment?

3. tomplum68

tomplum68 Warlord

yeah, i believe in the comments section of the mod the designer said the last patch broke that portion of the mod but he also said he was working on it

4. smackthewise

smackthewise Prince

Yeah i saw that afterward, I thought it was still funny though. It's a shame a couldn't find that original post with the manual method of disabling civs :/

5. Quineloe

Quineloe Prince

He posted yesterday he got it fixed. He's fixing a few more bugs before releasing the update.