How do I zoom in and out?

Install BUG mod, or one of the mods which include it, like BAT. It comes with an fov slider.

I installed it on my other computer and it behaved maliciously so I'm never touching BUG BAT or whatever it's called ever again I'm afraid. I remember there was a way but I just can't find one.

I installed it on my other computer and it behaved maliciously so I'm never touching BUG BAT or whatever it's called ever again I'm afraid. <snip>
First of all, I doubt that BUG, or BAT for that matter, behaved maliciously on your computer, and I take issue with you saying it does.

Remember when you publicly posted this in the BUG forum?
Yes... I tried to download BAT from the virus-infested sourceforge website but instead a nice browser hijacker has taken over.
And this was my response:
I downloaded it and checked the file against my master copy. They are identical according to my compare. I don't know where you got the virus from, but it wasn't from BAT.
You never even bothered to respond. You just made your unfounded (and erroneous) accusation and left.

You also posted this a short time after that:
Argh, I hate it when mods on this site have to have viruses! This is just great, I get a nasty pop-up whenever I start a game (but I can still play it so far) telling me to check my graphics card and I can't start ANY SINGLE mod, it just doesn't do anything!!!!!

I downloaded and extracted a mod to my Mods folder, what do I do here?! It's a virus mod, how do I get rid of it AND AND AND repair the damage?!

EDIT: Should I report the mod? It seems as if I downloaded it from THIS website and it had ratings and downloads, it's old though. REALLY old. 2009.
You were told to report the mods that you thought had a "virus". If BAT was one of those mods you felt had a virus, I certainly haven't been contacted by a moderator asking questions. I suspect that you reported nothing, yet here you continue to make assertions that mods behave "maliciously".

You can't just go around making accusations like that. It's one thing to try a mod and not like it, then tell all of us about why you don't like it. You're entitled to hold an opinion, but not when it puts the work of those modders under suspicion. We work hard to bring everyone these mods, a lot of hours and patience go into them, and I'm speaking for all modders here, not just myself and the BUG team. After your post about the BAT "virus", the downloads per day tanked and took a long time to come back. I like getting publicity for BAT. It helps people that have never heard of it see what it is and it gets them to try it. But I don't need that sort of publicity, thanks.

Judging by the problems you've had with a great number of mods (I read all of your posting history), I would suggest that it isn't the mods that are the problem, it's you. If you don't know how to use a computer, then learn how to use one before you mouth off about malicious mods, or mods that have "viruses". The only problem here is a shortage of knowledge and sheer ineptitude.

If you can't run our mods, or can't get them working, the trick is to ask for help. We don't mind helping you to get it running. However, if you're going to start rumors and make wild accusations that we modders can't defend, then you'll probably find that our help is limited if not non-existent.

And if you continue to bleat that the BAT Mod has a virus (which it most certainly does not), then I would prefer that you don't use it, even if you can get it working.

Airrifle48942:

The fact that you have trouble with multiple mods and that your page up and down keys don't work, suggests that you have picked up a virus somewhere else in your web browsing. You need to either get a good program to clean up your computer or have someone who knows what they are doing fix it for you.

@Lemon
had a similar experience where rougegoat posted on my download page :"Malicious URL :nuke:"

Dude. FFS. You are downloader #1480. And you are the only one who gets malicious URL???
Maybe its only you that have a problem :( I think that if the URL was indeed malicious, then some of the 1479 other downloaders would have noticed/reported it....

These seems like its part ignorance part trolling tbh. Thought about reporting him. You should do the same. For false accusations, defamation, slander, libel or whatever it is called.

The level of narcissism required to believe that you've identified a virus that 1479 other users somehow missed is pretty hilarious...in a waaaaaay way out there sort of way.

Now, no offense to VIP, but I would have to guess that BUG/BAT has had many additional thousands of downloads. For someone to think they are THE ONE who identified it as a virus source and claim such in public should be met not with argument, just derision.

[bad joke about airheads and air rifles deleted in effort to keep out of trouble]

@Lemon
had a similar experience where rougegoat posted on my download page :"Malicious URL :nuke:"

Dude. FFS. You are downloader #1480. And you are the only one who gets malicious URL???
Maybe its only you that have a problem :( I think that if the URL was indeed malicious, then some of the 1479 other downloaders would have noticed/reported it....

These seems like its part ignorance part trolling tbh. Thought about reporting him. You should do the same. For false accusations, defamation, slander, libel or whatever it is called.
I thought about reporting him, too, but that doesn't get my point across to everyone else. I want people to be aware that BUG/BAT are indeed virus free. If he says it again though, I will report him. For now, a good public shaming will have to do. ;)

Excuse me while I hijack this thread a bit (while remaining on topic and keeping the "public shaming" 'up top' a bit longer).

While I'm not all that interested in BtS on its own, it was avail. via Amazon for $5.00 (s&h incl.) instead of the $20-$30 in stores and I've gotten used to it from all the YouTube walkthroughs I've been watching which had BUG/BULL/BAT installed. It's only because of BUG/BULL/BAT's niftyness that I may download BtS soon (I don't look forward to espionage, et.al.).

Anyway, my gameplay is now such that I may take-on a GOTM this Summer and was wondering, does the HoF Warlords: v.2.13 with the version 2.13.004 of the HOF Mod or the BTS: v.3.19 with the version BUFFY 3.19.003 of the BUFFY Mod limit me to just the most recent BUG?

BTW, I'm assuming I can download BUG and forget about it then download either HoF mods and play a HoF compliant game. Or would I still need to uninstall BUG to play a HoF compliant game? I've read through a lot of the HoF threads and the BUG threads and didn't come across an exact answer to this question; only the reference that BUFFY is based on BUG.

Warlords and Vanilla HOF mods do not have BUG. (Check the options screen though for some minor interface improvements, mainly with the advisors)

BUFFY has an older version of BUG and BULL. (I've requested an update to this a long time ago but it does not appear it will happen any time soon)

As for BUG and BUFFY, it depends on how you have it installed. If you installed BUG as MP version then it is standalone; thus, it would not be running anyway. If you installed BUG as SP, then it is installed in Custom Assets, so it would conflict with BUFFY.

What you can do in the case of the latter is create two versions of your custom assets folder. First, it's important to note that a fresh Custom Assets folder is generated after you delete or rename the folder. There is no harm in doing this. So I would rename your CA folder with BUG as something else like CA-BUG. Then run BTS. You will notice a new fresh unmodded CA folder has been created. Rename that to something like CA-Vanilla or CA-Null. If you want Blue Marble, you can run the BM install twice on each CA folder when active. To make a CA folder active just take out the added text like "-Null" or "-BUG", after renaming the other back. (I actually use a little ap that does this for me instantly)

(As for Espionage, I would not worry about it at all. It's very simple to play with Espionage passively to the point of basically ignoring. There are some very nice little things you can do with spies later such as lowering city defenses at war or stealing techs. I recommend focusing EP weight on a single AI, usually a fast techer like Mansa. It will alllow you to see what he is teching eventually which can allow you to gauge overall tech pace and maybe steal a tech from him. Or focuses on a future war target. No need to mess with EP slider at all unless you want to have some fun with an Espionage economy, but that is advanced stuff)

BUFFY has an older version of BUG and BULL. (I've requested an update to this a long time ago but it does not appear it will happen any time soon)
They are working on it. Really they are.

If you installed BUG as SP, then it is installed in Custom Assets, so it would conflict with BUFFY.
Hmmm... I don't think that mine conflicts. I have BUG installed as SP in CA and I can use BUFFY without renaming anything. It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure I'm correct. I wonder why you have a conflict?

Yup. Just tried it. No conflict and no renaming CA necessary. Your advice is sound, lymond, but I'm concerned that you have to do that in the first place. Something isn't right, there.

Maybe ruff_hi or one of the HOF staff will see this and can tell us why.

They are working on it. Really they are.

Well, I'll be! :D

As for the CA thing, you know, it's been so long I can't remember. I think in prior versions there was some conflict. (I use BULL too). So I've just done that ever since. I do know that BAT runs fine with BUG/BULL running in CA, but at one point on a prior version it did not.

Hmmm... I don't think that mine conflicts. I have BUG installed as SP in CA and I can use BUFFY without renaming anything. It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure I'm correct. [deleted text]

Yup. Just tried it. No conflict and no renaming CA necessary. [deleted text].

Thanks for checking/confirming I can install BUG in SP, leave it there, and use BUFFY for HoF/GOTM.

Top Bottom