How do liberals feel about this?

Why, if it's demonstrably real, is there a need to believe in it? I feel no need to believe in ham sandwiches for instance.

And if it's not evil, what benefit is there to be derived from believing in it?

I will say, categorically and for the record, I believe ham sandwiches exist. Comes down to what you mean when you use the word believe, and I think we are using it to mean very different things.

Our old friend's a bit unpredictable, though. I'm not sure believing/worshipping Cthulhu would make any difference.

Hmm. Yes, "Belief" is used to mean two different things. In everyday language you can say you believe ham sandwiches exist, but that's not the same meaning as when someone says they believe unicorns don't exist. Or is it?

I mean, I can demonstrate that ham sandwiches do exist by assembling one. But I can't demonstrate that unicorns don't exist (or that they do) so therefore I resort to saying I believe that they don't. Implying a degree of uncertainty that doesn't really apply in the same way to ham sandwiches.

my belief in ham sandwiches, demonstrates the superiority of my GOD, which is a good reason to believe

You cannot prove that a pink unicorn didn't poop on Jesus on the cross, but that doesn't mean such a claim is anything but absurd.

"Because I believe!" isn't a valid argument.

We can, however, prove that God, if he exists, did not create the world 6,000 years ago

Yeah. Means nothing. The world could have come into being just a second ago. With all these fake memories implanted ready in your brain. Including some crazy ideas about God, and creationism, and evolution - just to cause a bit of stir, perhaps?

God could also have planted the YEC idea to test how stupid his creations really were.

I think you guys may be missing my point. I am not a YECer, okay? I am simply trying to say that telling them, "prove the earth's age scientifically" is not going to fly and that's really on you for even asking them that sort of question on something that is a matter of faith. Telling them they cannot have it taught in schools without scientific backing, sure, that's fine, and I absolutely agree. But beyond that, it's really not an issue and you guys should leave them be. It's not harming anyone, especially you, by letting them believe what they want.

Hey, don't include me in this. I make a habit of believing 10 to 15 impossible things, before breakfast every day. Just for fun, you understand.

And it'll come in handy one day, I'm almost sure.

Hmm.

Belief in ham sandwiches --> Belief in the God of ham sandwiches --> Belief in ham sandwiches.

Result: superior belief.

No, that's not right. I'm missing a bit, somewhere.

Hmm.

Belief in ham sandwiches --> Belief in the God of ham sandwiches --> Belief in ham sandwiches.

Result: superior belief.

No, that's not right. I'm missing a bit, somewhere.

No, just the order,

Belief in God and belief in ham sandwiches---> belief in superiority of MY god....

I used to eat a lot of ham sandwiches, with finely chopped shallots.

But I've fallen into apostasy, I'm afraid. And there's really no going back to my old ways, now.

(Still, now I come to think of it...)

That's simply unforgivable, especially after God went through all the trouble of banning it for Jews and Muslims so we Christians could have it all to ourselves! Well, and I suppose share with the Hindus...

That's simply unforgivable, especially after God went through all the trouble of banning it for Jews and Muslims so we Christians could have it all to ourselves! Well, and I suppose share with the Hindus...

well as gods new chosen people.... heaven is a bacon butty

Bacon was invented by man. It is our chief accomplishment and clearly shows our superiority over the supernatural.

I have been watching Ancient Aliens. It seems there's a lot of evidence that Aliens have created and taught humans and with their help we built civilization. We continue to credit all kinds of Gods and natural phenomena with these achievements they've been creating. And last time we did that they flooded the Earth.

No, it's time to give credit where credit's due.

I have been watching Ancient Aliens. It seems there's a lot of evidence that Aliens have created and taught humans and with their help we built civilization. We continue to credit all kinds of Gods and natural phenomena with these achievements they've been creating. And last time we did that they flooded the Earth.

No, it's time to give credit where credit's due.

...to the gods of old?

Certainly I always thought Yahweh must have been an Alien. At least, I did after I discovered science fiction.

David Bowie was an alien? I knew Daniel Boone was an astronaut, but this is ridiculous.

Top Bottom