How do multiplayer games actually end?

Jinavajra

Chieftain
When I think about all those massive AI zergs I've been able to fend off with just a few ranged units, I have a hard time imagining a domination victory happening, especially because humans are actually smart enough to ally against someone who is just about to get out of control. So unless you are VASTLY better than everyone else in the group, I just don't see how you can wipe them out.

Is it a space race? Or a "who can buy more CSs" race? It doesn't matter what I think of, there is always the fact that the only reason why I ever won a SP game is the stupidity of the AI. How do you beat the not-so-stupid humans?

depends, many humans actually will be unable to catch a runaway tech leader, and many times a human player can skate by with relatively small military if they hold said tech lead. lots of ranged units tend to be the rule for MP armies... usually my games end with the naval invasion of doom, once frigates or worse battleships are a thing.

If you both tech and conquer fast you can do conquest victories fairly easily.

With good players, most pangea FFA games are won with Xcom/stealth rush, and some won with spaceship launch. In the meantime some players get slowed down by war, which usually doesn't end up helping you win, but its purpose is to drag down the leader. Large Island games are often won by Frigate rushes, and it could go to subs.

Top Bottom