1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How do the Calabim grow their cities?

Discussion in 'Orbis Modmod' started by Davor, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Davor

Davor Prince

I thought it would be nice to play a race of Vampires. I saw a map lay out that I like, spent about 1/2 hour tweaking it a bit.

So I start my game, and I am shocked to see my first city does not grow. I have like 2 food but the city will not grow it goes to production. Ok, they are vampires I thought, but I looke around can't find no help in the Civopedia or FfH2 manual.

So how do the cities from Calabim grow? I have no idea how to grow them.

2. Jarrema

Jarrema Master Voter

Calabim grows cities in the same way as other civs. They are not undead civilization
    Maybe you were building units?
    In Orbis you start with civics that causes units to be built with food... so in order to grow, you must build buildings.
    But it is the same thing for almost all civilizations, there is nothing special with Calabim

3. Smakemupagus

Smakemupagus Warlord

are you sure it's calabim specific? if you're new to orbis, your citizens consume 3 food each. and, food production applies to units at least with the early civics.

4. Davor

Davor Prince

Yes I am new to the game. So this is with all civs I see now. So I have to build buildings to grow?

Is there a manual or read me where I can read all this?

Thanks for replies guys.

5. Jarrema

Jarrema Master Voter

you can read only in civilopedia (not as easy as it may be) and at this forums

6. Davor

Davor Prince

Thank you, I thought I was going crazy. I tried going to see if there was a read me for the Orbis mod. I can't even find it. Same thing for a Masters of Orion mod I installed. I can't find the files for it either.

All I see is a FfHII folder but no MOO or Orbis folder, weird.

7. Pickly

Pickly Prince

Should be Beyond the Sword/mods/(insert mod here)

Are the mods in my documents/my games/(something) instead, or just Civilization 4/mods (no beyond the sword)? (I wouldn't think they'd work if there, but those are the other locations I know it will accidentally install to.)

8. Davor

Davor Prince

I can't see them at all. I tried the my documents and everything in the Mod folder is empty. I don't care, since right now, I am playing the game and that is all that matters.

Great fun.