how do u guys play without stack attack?

Aciv4playerA

Chieftain
The stack attack seems to be broken in this MOD.

So just out of curiosity - am I missing something? Or how do you guys player if the stack attack is indeed broken? Fight one click at a time? I gave my game up when seeing an AI stack with 500+ cannons.

PS:
1. if the stack attack was broken because of the culture border's dependence on killing, can the team add an option for us to disable to such independence. Personally, I do not see how this matters (switching a few tiles really does not matter that much in a game) and I am not sure if it even works correctly (killing player A's units helps to switch A's square to B, not me?!).

2. If i have to choose, I'd rather choose the stack attack option (so do not have to click 500+ times) anytime over the culture feature (even if it works :D).

3. Why does the AI make 500+ cannons anyway? especially if they do not use them at all.

I've never used stack attack - and my games don't normally have more than 30-40 units in a stack (AI - mine are more like 15-20). But a recent game ended up with AI having hundreds in stacks - and at that point, I feel like something is broken (there should be a limiting factor on the AI - that's just broken as a game-mechanic). But it seems others must enjoy such games since this isn't the only mod that leads to 50+ stacks. (You can restrict stacks in BUG interface - but that doesn't change the fundamental issue of why-the-AI-builds-so-insanely-many-units).

I have not had a +500 stack, but I frequently have over a hundred in a stack and it is not a problem. If you have selected all units you want to attack with, and press the keypad key indicating the direction of the enemy, then 1 of the units will attack and then be removed from the selection. So you can keep pressing the same key and another unit will attack. So yes it is hundreds of key presses, but it does not take long as it is always the same key, and you can press it pretty quickly.

I do the same as Samson - but right-click with mouse. And I have quick-attack and quick-defend on - waiting for animations would be insane.

Top Bottom