How do u install wonder images

turfcat

Prince
Can anyone tell me how to install city screen improvement & wonder images:confused:

Or if possible can tell me where to find a tutorial on the subject?

I've looked over the editors. My problem is opening the city screen file. Windows paint won't open it. Anyone know what program I need and how to get it?

If you're talking about opening the wonder-splash .pcx files as well as the Civilopedia icons (bldg-large.pcx and bldg-small.pcx) then I'd suggest using The GIMP. It's free and has plenty of options...download it at www.gimp.org

When creating a new .pcx for Civ3 you'll need to index the palette correctly. See Varwnos' tutorial for that: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=215916 My only suggested deviation from what he includes is when generating the optimum palette change the number from 256 to 254, generate the palette. Then go to the colormap, add two 'blank colors' and change them to the two hex codes he mentions, rather than changing colors that were already in your image, preserving the image better. (This will make sense when you're doing it and following his tutorial.)

Make sure you follow the tutorials listed above to get all the images in the right place and tell Civ where to find them and you should be set!

Thanks Micaelus,
I actually only want to install pcx images that I download. Not create new ones, so this should work fine I guess. Thanks a lot!

I'd just like to thanks those who gave me input on this subject. The other day I dl Gimp and managed to install the image icons for wonders and buildings.

Thanks guys!!!:D

Top Bottom