How do you buy a building?

solops

Warlord
I have 10,000 gold. I want to buy a granary that has 3 turns left to construction finish. I go to the city screen and push the "Buy" button. Nothing happens. Same thing for markets and other buildings. No warnings from the mouse-over or other information. Nothing in the manual. What am I missing? Or is the UI just poor?

<edited to eliminate the expletives....this game has so far been a disappointment from Civ4 in so many ways, but I am still trying...>

There is no "Buy" button. There are two tabs at the bottom of the left-hand side of the City screen. By default it is set to "Produce" and shows the hammer cost and turns to completion for the various items. If you click on "Purchase", the menu changes to show the gold cost of items. Click on what you want to buy and its done.

EDIT: Also, you cannot rush-buy Wonders or "Projects" (e.g., Apollo Project, Manhattan Project).

There is no "Buy" button. There are two tabs at the bottom of the left-hand side of the City screen. By default it is set to "Produce" and shows the hammer cost and turns to completion for the various items. If you click on "Purchase", the menu changes to show the gold cost of items. Click on what you want to buy and its done.

EDIT: Also, you cannot rush-buy Wonders or "Projects" (e.g., Apollo Project, Manhattan Project).

This. But it won't cost you less if you are just a few turns left from finishing it. Save your money for buildings you haven't started building yet, to save your hammers and your money.

Top Bottom