1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you deal with everyone passing a certain Great Person in multiplayer games?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Multiplayer' started by hhhhhh, Sep 1, 2020.

1. hhhhhh

hhhhhh Prince

Some Great Person are just not that good, e.g. Mimar Sinan. When he appears everyone just passes. And that will block that type of Great Persons for a long time. What do people do to handle cases like this? Do you have house rules? Or are there mods that enhance certain Great Persons?

2. Oortael

Oortael Chieftain

Same issue here... Very frustrating ! Leads to great persons being forever lost due to new eras. All the more frustrating.

3. Buktu

Buktu Warlord

I think there are some cases where this leads to play without types of great persons for the rest of the game. Iirc I had a game where I took out the last person who didn't pass for a bad great scientist leaving the game without any further scientists.

4. hhhhhh

hhhhhh Prince

Now I think MP games giving up great person is a bit risky. If you want to do that maybe at one point you need to pay someone to consume that Great Person, otherwise you lose a great advantage by not getting a category of GP that you generate a lot of points of.

Swissy likes this.
  5. HiRezAudio

HiRezAudio Warlord

Personally I would not pass on that one - Culture Bombs are always helpful (although it must be said that in 9/10 cases an IZ comes too late to be worth the culture bomb unless you have a very specific situation.
    Some of the GP bonuses are not worth having it must be said.