How do you exactly turn off the Lethal Bombard efect?

Spinola

Chieftain
Hi. :)
First of all congratulations for the great Mod!! It's the most addictive Mod ever!

I would like to know how to turn off the lethal bombardment in the XML files.
I don't know in wich file exactly it should be done and what's the description of the line i should turn off.

Thanks and keep up the good work! :)

GlobalDefinesAlt.xml

GlobalDefinesAlt.xml
This file are you sure? I think it's more in the CIV4UnitInfos.xml isn't it?

If it's air bombing it's the attribute iAirCombatLimit for all planes. If it is 100 then Air bombing can be lethal, lower it can't.

If it bombard it's the iCombatLimit for the first unit attacked, 100 is lethal. And for collateral damages I think no units are lethal, it's iCollateralDamageLimit and again 100 for lethal.

This can be changed for all units concerned, for example all planes or all artillery.

I had kind of an odd thing happen to me regarding lethal bombard. I was actually intending to leave it on but maybe this occurrance was a bug, so let me know if this situation was acting as expected.

I'm playing USSR in the 1936 Global map using the Historical Play option. I go to war with Finland as expected. On the first turn I attack from (I believe) Leningrad into Helsinki which is right next door. I bomb the defenses to 0% and ranged bombard the city so that the strongest artillery and infantry are rated at something like 3.2%.

A single T-34 attacks, at which point 5 (weakened) Finnish artillery attack Leningrad, as well as 4 fully operational Finnish cruisers. At this point every unit in Leningrad has been reduced to roughly 75% strength. I select a stack of 5 (damaged) T-34s and attack, at which point the artillery and cruisers attack Leningrad again, but apparently just a single bombardment against the stack of 5 for their apparently combined attack. Now most of the units in Leningrad are between 50% and 60% strength after two attacks on Helsinki.

Is this how lethal bombard is supposed to work? Are the cruisers supposed to be getting a potshot at the units as well? I thought artillery rated between 2% and 3% was supposed to be a walk in the park, yet if this is operating as expected I can't see how I can take any city without bombing the units out of existance.

Lethal means:
causing or able to cause death
I'm not sure but I think that what you are calling lethal attack are more the stack attack of DCM.

About the feature you mention, it seems related to DCM stack attack. I don't think I have understand all of this feature but there's one point to take care. As explained Dale somewhere when you attack:
1 - All bombard units on the same square than your attacking unit(s) will do a range bombard.
2 - All opponents bombard units on the square you are attacking will do a range bombard on your units on the same square than your attacking unit(s). All your units on this square are possibly attacked by those range attacks, not only the attacking stack.
3 - All the units you selected for the attack will fight normally.

Because of point 2 some of your units not attacking (but on the same square than your attacking stack) can be damaged by enemy range bombard. That's why your units in Leningrad get damaged.

As Dale mentioned above DCM stack attack and some other DCM features can be deactivate in GlobalDefinesAlt.xml.

I had kind of an odd thing happen to me regarding lethal bombard. I was actually intending to leave it on but maybe this occurrance was a bug, so let me know if this situation was acting as expected.

I'm playing USSR in the 1936 Global map using the Historical Play option. I go to war with Finland as expected. On the first turn I attack from (I believe) Leningrad into Helsinki which is right next door. I bomb the defenses to 0% and ranged bombard the city so that the strongest artillery and infantry are rated at something like 3.2%.

A single T-34 attacks, at which point 5 (weakened) Finnish artillery attack Leningrad, as well as 4 fully operational Finnish cruisers. At this point every unit in Leningrad has been reduced to roughly 75% strength. I select a stack of 5 (damaged) T-34s and attack, at which point the artillery and cruisers attack Leningrad again, but apparently just a single bombardment against the stack of 5 for their apparently combined attack. Now most of the units in Leningrad are between 50% and 60% strength after two attacks on Helsinki.

Is this how lethal bombard is supposed to work? Are the cruisers supposed to be getting a potshot at the units as well? I thought artillery rated between 2% and 3% was supposed to be a walk in the park, yet if this is operating as expected I can't see how I can take any city without bombing the units out of existance.

I ran into this as Germany vs Poland on my first game. I thought it was a bug because I was playing the version that came with the game... Been looking for an explenation of how the combat system is supposed to work...

Top Bottom