How do you figure out the name of the variables/modifiers you want to change ?

Tunnah

Warlord
I currently "mod" Civ by directly changing the XML, this is of course daft. Looking at mods I realise all my changes could be taken care of an SQL with a bunch of UPDATE SET WHERE thingies. However, I don't know how to figure out what I should set the UPDATE to. Is there an easy way to know this ?

I'm sorry this is way above my knowledge so in case this is too vague, an example:

I changed aircraft carriers to add in a StrategicResource, and also ResourceMaintenanceType="RESOURCE_URANIUM" ResourceMaintenanceAmount="1". I've also edited some city states (doubling Hunza bonus, halfing Kumasi, things like that, singular edits), and a BUNCH more.

I'm interested in moving all my changes to a single file, and I could kinda figure out how from existing mods, but knowing the bit before the change is where I'm getting tripped up on - I simply don't know how to "name" the variables!

EDIT: I cribbed some other mods, and I think I have it sorted. My aircraft change would be

UPDATE Units SET StrategicResource='RESOURCE_URANIUM' WHERE Unit='UNIT_AIRCRAFT_CARRIER';

UPDATE Units_XP2 SET ResourceCost ='3', ResourceMaintenanceType='RESOURCE_URANIUM', ResourceMaintenanceAmount='1' WHERE Unit='UNIT_AIRCRAFT_CARRIER';

For my City State changes, would it be

UPDATE ModifierArguments SET Value=3 WHERE Name='Amount' AND ModifierId ='MINOR_CIV_JAKARTA_TRADING_POST_BONUS';

?

Last edited:
Top Bottom