How do you get any gold income in these mods?

Dunadd

Chieftain
I was playing Age of Erebus as the wood elves and had a gold mine and a gem mine, both connected to my capital by roads, plus a second city, and was still losing 2 gold a turn net, and had to sack my only castle commander unit to even turn it to plus 1 gold a turn.

Like in vanilla civ4, most tiles don't give directly gold but Commerce, which can then be turned into gold, science or culture depending on what you focus on ( with the top left slider, if you're at 100% science, that means all of your commerce is turned into science, not gold). There's a few buildings that give direct gold, Market is one of them

Like in vanilla civ4, most tiles don't give directly gold but Commerce, which can then be turned into gold, science or culture depending on what you focus on ( with the top left slider, if you're at 100% science, that means all of your commerce is turned into science, not gold). There's a few buildings that give direct gold, Market is one of them
Ah right - thanks! - I haven't played any Civ games in decades. Sorry for the dumb question.

Top Bottom