How do you get to paint while playing civ?

I think you are talking about Strategy Layer. Zoom out and on the left most side above the mini-map, you'll see a button. Click it and words will appear on the right side. Select whatever and draw. You also don't have to zoom out, you can type ctrl-s to create a tag.

Otherwise, people take a screenshot and paint from that.

I think you are talking about Strategy Layer. Zoom out and on the left most side above the mini-map, you'll see a button. Click it and words will appear on the right side. Select whatever and draw. You also don't have to zoom out, you can type ctrl-s to create a tag.

I can't wait to see the probable flood of people who didn't know that post soon:goodjob:

But I don't see a button. I don't know what Strategy Layer is, either.

But I don't see a button. I don't know what Strategy Layer is, either.

Just zoom out with your mouse wheel. When you reach a certain point you'll be in strategy mode where you can draw attacks routes and other things you want to mark on the map.

200th post for CivMan333! [party] (while we're, well at least me, talking about post counts, I'm one post away from my 600th post!!! :D)

Sorry, getting on to things that really matter... using the Strategy Layer, you can draw.

Like this (it doesn't have to be a happy face, it can be whatever you want, this was just something I could find on short notice):

http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu345/Yes_Wii_Can/Civ4ScreenShot0024.jpg

But if you want something like this:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=202393&d=1233631260

You need to take a screenshot and use Paint, the program, to do so.

Btw, if you wanted to see want ctrl-s looks like, here it is (remember you can type whatever you want, not "here"):

http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu345/Yes_Wii_Can/Civ4ScreenShot0017.jpg

Thanks for reminding me that that was my 200th post. :goodjob: But I was just wondering if there was a... quicker way to get too paint without having to leave the game. There may be, there may not be. But, this is civ4, not 3. It's just for the Prince of Earth series im making.

Thanks for reminding me that that was my 200th post. :goodjob: But I was just wondering if there was a... quicker way to get too paint without having to leave the game. There may be, there may not be. But, this is civ4, not 3. It's just for the Prince of Earth series im making.

Do you know about ALT+TAB? This keyboard combination allows you to switch between two (or more) programs that are open at the same time. So, you could load MS Paint before you start Civ4, and then, when you press PrintScrn, ALT+TAB over to Paint in order to paste and save your screenshot. That's about the only way to do it while in-game.

It's sucks because on the mac, you just have to type command-shift-3 and the picture will automatically save on your desktop, rather than having to open a paint software and save the picture.

Isn't there an in game screenshot feature ('cause there's a folder for it)?

It's sucks because on the mac, you just have to type command-shift-3 and the picture will automatically save on your desktop, rather than having to open a paint software and save the picture.

Isn't there an in game screenshot feature ('cause there's a folder for it)?

Pressing PrintScrn in-game saves a JPG image (changeable in the .ini file) to your Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword/Screenshots/ folder. It's pretty handy, as long as you don't need to edit the image with the game open, though it's still doable. Definitely it's easier than manually pasting and saving individual screenshots.

Well, why didn't you mention that? Good thing I asked that.

So, Civman333, that may be your best option...

I think that there's an option in the options menu that lets you play civ in a window instead of full screen. I haven't tried it before, but I would assume that you could have both civ and paint open at the same time in different windows with both minimized.

That's confirmed by me.

Top Bottom