How do you hide Civlopedia entries?

Chuggi

Espada

It's not that big of a deal but with mods like Patricius' GreatPersonMod with the civ-specific greatpeople mod, and others, it would be useful if you could hide all the repetitive entries - just clear the civlopedia up a bit - because it's annoying. So, anyone know how to do this?

It's not that big of a deal but with mods like Patricius' GreatPersonMod, and others, it would be useful if you could hide all the repetitive entries - just clear the civlopedia up a bit - because it's annoying. So, anyone know how to do this?

I'm working on it. Would you like the beta, or would you prefer to wait until I've got the bugs out?

As far as Patricius GreatPersonMod goes, neither his nor my updated version has this issue. Perhaps you are referring to that other Great Person Mod, the one with the unique names...

I'm working on it. Would you like the beta, or would you prefer to wait until I've got the bugs out?

Cool, I'd like to try the beta, but how buggy is it? I noticed in the Total Realism Mod they had a unique greatperson for every civ, but they don't appear in the main list. They do appear under the civilization's unique units list though

- thanks for the fast reply btw

As far as Patricius GreatPersonMod goes, neither his nor my updated version has this issue. Perhaps you are referring to that other Great Person Mod, the one with the unique names...

Yes, sorry I combined the two a while ago (which was tricky). I am referring to the Civ-Specific GreatPeople Mod that adds the extra units in, and changes the names of the different greatpeople for the different civs.

I fixed it in my first post.

Yes, sorry I combined the two a while ago (which was tricky). I am referring to the Civ-Specific GreatPeople Mod that adds the extra units in, and changes the names of the different greatpeople for the different civs.

I fixed it in my first post.

You combined them? Is the combined version posted anywhere? Are the art files complete?

Cool, I'd like to try the beta, but how buggy is it? I noticed in the Total Realism Mod they had a unique greatperson for every civ, but they don't appear in the main list. They do appear under the civilization's unique units list though

- thanks for the fast reply btw

Ah, so they did. I had no idea. I thought I was the first to try it. Oh well. I've already fixed the other issue and several more besides. But every time I think I am done I find another problem. :cry:

The beta is not buggy unless you merge it with modded xml (I hope). But then that's what you want to do, isn't it? I'll pm you the link.

You combined them? Is the combined version posted anywhere? Are the art files complete?

Yeah I'm not sure if I completely finished all the xml work but I think it's working ok. The art files aren't complete, I don't think because some of the great people were different in the civ-specific mod and I also added some of my own. It's not posted anywhere unless someone else did the same?

Thanks for the zip I'll try out and see if it works with my xml or not.

Yeah I'm not sure if I completely finished all the xml work but I think it's working ok. The art files aren't complete, I don't think because some of the great people were different in the civ-specific mod and I also added some of my own. It's not posted anywhere unless someone else did the same?

Thanks for the zip I'll try out and see if it works with my xml or not.

Awesome. Are you working on the artwork, or just the XML and merge? As far as that mod goes, I've significantly improved the python in the version I updated recently (see my sig). I was thinking along those lines for the unique names mod, but I would need to recruit artist(s) to do the real work. The part I could do was to fix it so that unique units weren't necessary -- I could rename the great people as they were born through python, like Jeckel had suggested before he disappeared.

Awesome. Are you working on the artwork, or just the XML and merge? As far as that mod goes, I've significantly improved the python in the version I updated recently (see my sig). I was thinking along those lines for the unique names mod, but I would need to recruit artist(s) to do the real work. The part I could do was to fix it so that unique units weren't necessary -- I could rename the great people as they were born through python, like Jeckel had suggested before he disappeared.

I have the version Amra published with just the extra artwork, which I merged with the civ-specific mod (haven't tested it much yet though), so I'd need to update it with your newer version. I can work on the artwork but I probably won't get started for a while

Ah, so they did. I had no idea. I thought I was the first to try it. Oh well. I've already fixed the other issue and several more besides. But every time I think I am done I find another problem. :cry:

The beta is not buggy unless you merge it with modded xml (I hope). But then that's what you want to do, isn't it? I'll pm you the link.

yes, we did this - but this is not systematic solution as your work - I was filtered only unique GP list, because we want keep other unique units in civpedia for now

i have question: is your beta release available for testing? maybe i will try this in TR mod (and more testing will speed-up bug fixing)

yes, we did this - but this is not systematic solution as your work - I was filtered only unique GP list, because we want keep other unique units in civpedia for now

i have question: is your beta release available for testing? maybe i will try this in TR mod (and more testing will speed-up bug fixing)

I'm giving out the beta upon request. I would appreciate the bug reporting. If you give out to to your team, just make it clear it is beta and has known bugs. I'll pm you the link.

Hey Chugginator,

I'm not sure if this is what you're asking - but, in my private, English-only mod, I dead-ended the tags for the other languages rather than repeating the English over and over.

Example:
Spoiler :
Code:
<TEXT>
   <Tag>TXT_KEY_CIV_RENITALY_PEDIA</Tag>
       <English>The Italian Renaissance began the...</English>
       <French/>
       <German/>
       <Italian/>
       <Spanish/>
</TEXT>
I know this is not a good solution for public mods that may be loaded in other languages, but, this really makes long entries like pedia entries a lot easier to navigate.

If you mean that there are duplicate entries in the civilopedia, the only way I can think of is to build an umbrella entry, then manually remove the undesired entries and repoint the pedia text keys to the umbrella entry.

Do either of these methods help?

Happy modding! -Laina

Hey Chugginator,

I'm not sure if this is what you're asking - but, in my private, English-only mod, I dead-ended the tags for the other languages rather than repeating the English over and over.

Example:
Spoiler :
Code:
<TEXT>
       <French/>
       <German/>
       <Italian/>
       <Spanish/>
</TEXT>
I know this is not a good solution for public mods that may be loaded in other languages, but, this really makes long entries like pedia entries a lot easier to navigate.

If you mean that there are duplicate entries in the civilopedia, the only way I can think of is to build an umbrella entry, then manually remove the undesired entries and repoint the pedia text keys to the umbrella entry.

Happy modding! -Laina

Without my beta version, the duplicate entries will still appear in the Civilopedia. They will appear elsewhere even with my beta. The true solution is multiple mesh groups / buttons etc. for each unit depending on civilization, which will take a C++ genius some very hard work.

I added a new attribute bGraphicalOnly to units and buildings. Then modified the pedia screen to skip any entry marked as bGraphicalOnly. Its simple and easy to turn individual units on and off but putting a 0 or 1 in that attribute.

I added a new attribute bGraphicalOnly to units and buildings. Then modified the pedia screen to skip any entry marked as bGraphicalOnly. Its simple and easy to turn individual units on and off but putting a 0 or 1 in that attribute.

I had thought of doing this before. I long ago decided that a dll did not belong in the Sevopedia, as it will make it much more difficult for most modders to merge in.

This plays very well with my latest beta. I've made a similar modification for the Sevopedia already: with the PEDIA_SHOW_GRAPHICAL_ONLY option disabled, any entries (not just units or buildings) where isGraphicalOnly() returns true are filtered. Why not publish this as a component and/or include this in the CCCP?

It still isn't the ideal solution because the Ethnically Diverse Units still use up extra memory, are not recognized as being the same as the original, still need lots of xml, still break savegames, etc., but it is a great step.

It could be combined with SDK fixes to the tooltip text problem with default units that are NONE, a fix for the replaced by mod so it doesn't show them either, etc.

I had thought of doing this before. I long ago decided that a dll did not belong in the Sevopedia, as it will make it much more difficult for most modders to merge in.

This plays very well with my latest beta. I've made a similar modification for the Sevopedia already: with the PEDIA_SHOW_GRAPHICAL_ONLY option disabled, any entries (not just units or buildings) where isGraphicalOnly() returns true are filtered. Why not publish this as a component and/or include this in the CCCP?

It still isn't the ideal solution because the Ethnically Diverse Units still use up extra memory, are not recognized as being the same as the original, still need lots of xml, still break savegames, etc., but it is a great step.

It could be combined with SDK fixes to the tooltip text problem with default units that are NONE, a fix for the replaced by mod so it doesn't show them either, etc.

I didnt make any SDK changes to do this. Just XML to add the attribute and python to have the screen check when it displays the units and buildings.

Hey Chugginator,

Example:
Spoiler :
Code:
<TEXT>
       <French/>
       <German/>
       <Italian/>
       <Spanish/>
</TEXT>

Happy modding! -Laina

Thanks, I already do this because I don't know the translations :p It may speed up the civlopedia (or sevopedia) loading time but I don't think it would make any difference to whether or not they appear in the pedia (unless you're in another language then you would get a TXT KEY error)

I didnt make any SDK changes to do this. Just XML to add the attribute and python to have the screen check when it displays the units and buildings.

This sounds good but I haven't really learnt how to do python yet :( If this was available for download somewhere it would be good, then all I would have to do is add that bGraphicalOnly tag to the entries I don't want and change a 0 to a 1. But for now Gaurav's beta version of the Sevopedia will do until the full version is out.

Chugginator said:
Hello again, I downloaded your updated version of the Great Person Mod and merged it with my version. I also merged the beta version of the Sevopedia into it. From what I have seen so far I can say that the sevopedia works fine with my version (I really like the new feature that shows what civ a unique unit belongs to, like the "Cho-Ko-Nu (China)" :) ). Only the default GP showed up in the pedia after changing it.:D

With my mod how it is, the civ specific great people seem to be working, for example, I played as germany and gave myself some wonders and population in the world builder then played until I got a few GP. I got a few German artists like Beethoven and for the GP that does not currently have any art file, I got a generic great person picture with a generic name. I never got any foreign great people.

I plan on completing all the necessary art files for this, as well as fixing any current ones so it will work flawlessly.

The only thing that could be fixed with this mod would have to be the identical unique units showing up when choosing a civ and in the Dawn of Man screen but this may be difficult.

Lastly, I took the Sevopedia mod back out as you hinted that it might be buggy (I didn't see any but I didn't really spend enough time testing). I'll merge it back it when the complete Sevopedia is finished.

- Chuggy

Great!!!

I may just incorporate the Dawn of Man mod and Roamty's Techwindow into my next version of Sevopedia (2.3 or whatever.) and incorporate the same fixes to those two screens.

Yeah but the Dawn of Man mod still doesn't hide the fact they're there :( It just neatens it up a bit.
But you should definitely incorporate Dawn of Man anyway because it's better than nothing

Top Bottom