1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] How do you kill air units on the ground?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by Question, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Question

Question Chieftain

England has a bunch of jet bombers in an aerodrome. I moved a cavalry unit into the tile and pillaged everything, but the bombers are still there. For some reason, the cavalry unit in the same tile cant do a thing to the bombers.

And for some reason, england wont use the bombers to attack any of my units or cities...

2. Equilin

Equilin Chieftain

AI does not seem to use air units i think.
    And I nuke planes because why not.

3. RealHuhn

RealHuhn Chieftain

I'm also wondering if England ever used those bombers against you?

Edit: Never mind, I'm blind ^^. Yeah Firaxis, how is this still not working properly?

4. vaejovis

vaejovis Chieftain

Nukes should take care of ground-based air units.

I remember back in Civ V that the AI used air units (albeit not effectively) because the animation took sooooooooooo looooooooooooong. Thank goodness for "quick combat" and "strategic view" ha

5. seankhan

seankhan Chieftain

that bug has been in it from the start.they never get of the ground anyway.they need to address some of the other bugs.ie units not moving from flipped cities.and the fact that the ai has no idea how to use governors to prevent city flipping.

6. Question

Question Chieftain

The problem is not that the AI doesnt use air units (thats another problem) but that i have a land uit in the same tile as the aerodrome but for some reason i cannot kill his bombers that are on the ground...