how do you know

boann

Tuatha princess
what says to you.........that person loves me.
in other words, what things does the person or people
who love you , do for you, that make you feel loved.

without me asking or saying anything he goes out and starts my car for me when its cold
and scraps off the snow too:love:

Originally posted by boann
without me asking or saying anything he goes out and starts my car for me when its cold
and scraps off the snow too:love:
Sounds like you've got a good one, there. I can't think of anyone i'd do this for. Maybe someday...

Can't be your hubby, must be your son. :p

Well, my wife is not really in a position to DO anything for me anymore. Her smile is what tells me; I love her radiant smile.

She waits for me. When I get home she is happy to see me. She runs to the door, kisses me repeatedly and wants my affection in return. Now if only I could get my wife to be more like the dog things would be great.

without me asking or saying anything he goes out and starts my car for me when its cold and scraps off the snow too:love:
He must love you! He certainly never did that for me!
(Oh, wait... where am I? And, uh... Right. Sorry... Just kidding... Ha! :D )
what says to you.........that person loves me.
in other words, what things does the person or people
who love you , do for you, that make you feel loved.
My God, there's a million things, from giant, Shakespearean-quality efforts to little daily gestures that give me the warm fuzzies every time I see her.
The way she looks at me when we say "Hello."
The way she caresses my face or runs her hand through what little hair I've got left.
The way she can keep a string of bad puns alive.
The way [XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX CENSORED XXXXXXXXXXXX] without getting arrested.
The way she so effortlessly navigates around my eccentricities.
The way we say "thank you" at the same time.

...I could go on and on.

If you are looking for the theoretical best proof that someone loves you, I would say spontaneously making hot chocolate for two on long winter evenings. But starting your car is very close as well! ;)

Originally posted by Alcibiaties of Athenae
Can't be your hubby, must be your son. :p

:p meathead

i really love all these answers...
:love:

Henry Fonda has a line in Yours, Mine anOurs He says to a stepdaughter, "Love is not about going to bed. Love is about getting up in the morning." The coversation took place as he was moving her mother to the hospital for her 9th, and his 11th but their 1st, baby's delivery. Based on a true story.

From the Bible. Love suffers long, and is kind. Love does not envy. Love does not put itself forward, is not puffed up, does not behave itself unseemly, and does not seek its own way. Love and is not easily provoked. Love thinks no evil, and does not rejoice in evil, but rejoices in the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

J

i know that movie... its really a good one.
henry fonda was in several i really like.
another one about a large family was "spencers mountain".

he seems to always have those great lines about what love
is really about.:D

Originally posted by onejayhawk
Henry Fonda has a line in Yours, Mine anOurs He says to a stepdaughter, "Love is not about going to bed. Love is about getting up in the morning." The coversation took place as he was moving her mother to the hospital for her 9th, and his 11th but their 1st, baby's delivery. Based on a true story.

J

Umm. Quite interesting. I don't know that film, but I must look for it. It's very curious, because I had use a variation of that sentece. Some months ago, I said: "I don't want to go bed with her, but I want to get up with her!" (Of course, I said it on Spanish: "No quiero acostarme con ella, quiero levantarme con ella").

Food poisoning: both ends going at the same time. And not only is she not grossed out, but she helps me get through it and makes me feel okay.

That, and when she lets me spend hours on CFC without bothering me...

Very nice. A good one for me, and it's kinda related to the Sultan's, is my girlfriend will say, "Why don't you play Civ for a couple of hours?" :love:

When I get home on a cold day and there is a hot meal waiting. I can smell it when I get out of the car. mmmmmmm

I know she loves me because she gave me 2 great presents, my little kids.

enough of this now.

Hmm... One is beyond such human things, and shall never experience them. :yeah: But Curt's idea does sound interesting... :evil:

Top Bottom