How do you like your national flag?

It's an alright flag. Just a symbol, really.

What's far more annoying to me, is when the flag is used to advocate war, bigotry or jingoism. Or when people get all pissy when a flag is burned.

It's just a flag.

I think my Sub national flag is better than my national one.

The Maryland flag is one of the craziest flags I've ever seen.

Aesthetically ours isnt up to much, but I like what it symbolises, green for Catholic Ireland, Orange for the Nordy prods and white for the peace between them (they get a free pass because I dont think it occured to them anyone might be neither in those days). A nice sentiment.

Yeah I've always liked the meaning our flag.

I've always liked the California flag too. Mainly because it has a bear in it.

I like America's flag very much, but much prefer my own national flag, that of St. George. Can look quite imposing I find flying from a tall flagpole. During my stay I became a fan of the Icelandic flag as well. I think the colours are easy on the eyes and nice to look at.

How about this one? The cross of St. Piryn. (Kernow=Cornwall)

Yeah, can't you tell?

So you guys have animals and stuff, but you once saw a sailboat! :goodjob:

The Oregon flag is just lame...although it is two-sided which partially redeems it.

It's just so....boring.

You kidding? We need to get rid of two of them.

Well, that ratio of 3 vertical to 4 horizontal is pretty good, so the next step up from 6*8 is 9x12 or 108 states.

I think we can do it.

Eww. Never liked it.

My favorite color scheme is Lithuania, Armenia, or Russia. Favorite design is harder to place; probably one of the Silver Fern flags from New Zealand. Of actual national flags it's probably Bosnia and Herzegovina (though I can never really decide whether I like it or hate it). Finland's cool, too, as are the Faroes.

Props to Turkmenistan, Nepal, and South Africa for breaking out of the usual conventions. A giant slap across the face of Lybia for obvious reasons.

Top Bottom