How do you like your RFC?

How do you like your RFC?

• Total voters

Cosmos1985

King
I'd like to hear what peoples favourite way of playing RFC is. Partly because of curiosity, and partly because I think it would be nice to have an idea of the plusses of minusses to new people joining the community - what is the most popular modmods, why is that so, etc.

Feel free to elaborate in a post, and just answer whatever is the best possible answer - what you are playing the most, or what modmod you prefer all in all.

It's not really meant as a discussion thread - there shall be no "my modmod is better than yours" - rather as a good-spirited "I really like this modmod because of this and that" :lol:

So... how do you like your RFC?

- I by the way would like to shoutout a huge THANKS to everybody contributing to the forum with all these nice additions to the already great RFC; it is really awesome that so many years after Civ IV came out (and after Civ V), we still have a community this active, coming up with all this great stuff even now. So, sincerely, to everybody taking part in anything here on the forum :)D) - Thank you!

What about RFC Europe?

I also miss the "I don't have the time to play RFC anymore except to test changes and to chase bugs" option :lol:

Arrah, some of these are not really modmods. I think Europe, SoI and Asia are in a category of their own - mods inspired by RFC, or full-conversions, rather than expansions.

When I played RFC, I played it with my personal set of changes, but that was before anyone had started systematically compiling them... maybe NerfCothons had started by that point. Now I just play RFC Europe and SoI. One day I will play one of the RFC+ modmods.

I :love: vanilla RFC. It's always great to play it again for a relapse. Changing it looks to me like first class blasphemy:p
And RFCA which i personally find nearly as addictive (but there aren't that much people involved)
RFCE has a great community, and SoI is probably as revolutinary as RFC itself, but i don't play them both anymore. You can't like everything, i guess.

vanilla all the way

There's a cool version of rfc i had made, i abandoned it due to super tech disbalance. E.g. start as Australia, flip something on the second turn... next thing you know USA pops at your border and nukes all your cities from aircraft carriers and dispatches over 9000 modern armors at you in a stack (and this isn't even twentieth century). Ahahah fag.

i love DoC for when plagues make me rage quit in vanilla. i still haven't quite got to a non grey germany though :lol:

I don't usually play RFC, but when I do, I play RFC: Extended/Marathon.

Stay stable, my friends.

Nah but I've also been hitten RFC:E like no other.

'Bout to roll up a blunt of this dankity dank and bulldoze some hoe-ass burgundians :king:

RFCE for me too, but occasionally RFCM on normal speed, just because of the small bugfixes that are not in 1.187. I have never tried the other modmods much though to be honest so I can't say whether I like them less or not.

I like CiA and DoC. I will like Synthesis more when more features get added. But still, vanilla RFC has that classic feel to it.

I think a better term for Europe, SoI, and Asia would be RFC "spin-offs" Europe and SoI are good, havent played Asia so I don't know about that.

I played Vanilla to death, then I switched to RFCE/M which is Vanilla with more turns. Since I'd never played marathon before and most people here who have played Civ for more than 25 minutes advocate marathon... I decided I had better get with the times :D

Hi All,

I'm new to the community but been addicted to RFC for a few years now, and reading your posts as a guest has helped tremendously.

In my opinion Vanilla is divine, praise to Rhye! Plague, stability, and UHVs revolutionized the CIV experience and gave it purpose. Lately however, I've been giving my time and attention to Civilizations in Abundance.

I've yet to try all the mods listed, but having more of the "primitive civs" to play around with and repulse the Europeans is a lot of fun, and the new European civs fill in some of the historical gameplay gaps for Iron age northern Europe, and medieval central/eastern Europe.

I wish I had the skills to make it myself, but this mod needs corresponding civ stability maps and uhv overlays, like those for vanilla RFC civs. Celts and HRE took a few days to complete on monarch because I couldn't place the cities correctly...currently can't make it past 1475 without collapsing as Byzantines while trying to get the southern Spanish city. Zulus and Native Americans are tough, and want to try the Koreans soon.

All the same, it is great to see this community active after all these years, and you guys modding RFC are awesome, thank you so much!

Top Bottom