1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you make artillery?

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Strategy & Tips' started by JOHNMAN, Sep 28, 2008.

1. JOHNMAN

JOHNMAN Chieftain

I can not for the life of me figure out how to do it?

I have the neccessary buildings but I cannot upgrade my cannons or build new artillery. THe civ-encyclopedia states you can, or am I reading it wrong?

I must be missing something or is this a bug or flaw?

Johnman

( I just registered to post this question but have been coming to the site for years....love the site great work! ) :goodjob:

2. marstinson

marstinson Chieftain

If I'm reading the Civopedia (or Colonizopedia - whatever) correct, the player cannot build Artillery. These are unique units for the King's forces, so I'm guessing that they are not available to the player. The whatever-opedia says that it replaces Cannon, but it says the same thing about a Horse Pasture replacing a Stable. Natives can build one, but the player cannot.

Could be wrong, but I've never seen Artillery on any of my build menus, either, and that's the most logical explanation I can come up with.

3. Andvare

Andvare Chieftain

You cannot.
    Very poor info on this one, but it's not like it's just a couple lines of text that should have been changed, oh, wait, it is.

4. Polobo

Polobo Chieftain

Unique units available only to their specific faction; which is how the civ4 terminology was used (the whatever replaces the base unit). I guess "substitutes for" would be more precise however.