1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you retain game settings?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by vmxa, Sep 28, 2010.

1. vmxa

vmxa Chieftain

I want to turn off things like the grouping. I want to not have to always change the map size or type or age.

It seems when I go to advance and change things, they are not saved. Next game I decide to change say map size and I have to reset the others like age, why? Do I have to go into the ini to force them? What am I missing.

BTW if the start a game it has the settings for the very first game I tried. Not one of the setting I have used after that point were retained.

2. ArgentumStudios

ArgentumStudios Chieftain

It behaves kind of strangely and doesn't save the settings if you are in the Advanced view. I believe that if you change the advanced settings then switch back to the normal view and play the game it will save the advanced settings for the next time you play. I'm at work so can't confirm this however.

3. vmxa

vmxa Chieftain

Every time Icome into the settings, they are either the normal ones from the first game or going to advanced they are the way the game game. I cannot even get it to save the starts being random, rather than culttural or whatever it was labeled.