How do you submit if....

Rhandom

Warlord
You lose out of the blue. I was chugging along towards a space victory, having finally pulled myself to #2 in the scores of civs, when france or england won via UN. I have no previous turn save. I did save afterwards.

I think the extreme rarity of great leaders makes the games very hard to do a reasonable comparison of skills. I tried very hard to get one to pop, winning at least 40 combats with elite units against rome, but no dice. Had I got one, I could have quickly built my forbidden palace in roman lands, but as it was, I lost probably a hundred turns of lower corruption for the fallen roman empire's cities. I was already behind because of the length of the war, and had finally surpassed most of my competitors for tech at the end of the game - too late. Anyone who gets a leader is at a serious advantage.

I'm not bitter, just pointing out an issue. And I do need to know if the turn after is acceptable for saved games.

You should use the Auto save to get the turn before the enf of the game. If you started another game after it, you propably lost the saved game by now. However, it won't hurt you to take a look.

You can also submit the savegame after you have lost.
If it really is the turn after losing it should show the correct score when pressing F8.
You don´t get an positive or negative bonus for losing. So Matrix should have no problem getting the right score. You just have to be honest not to keep on playing to increase your score. But the GOTM is based on trust so that should be no problem.;)

Quite correct, Lucky. I got nothing more to add to that. ;)

An Rhandom, Civ3 appears to be a game of luck as well. In the GOTM I, some people were very lucky getting a settler from the first hut. That gave some people a really big advantage!

Autosave was turned off for the game of the month, I thought.

Also, I'm more thinking of what's going to happen when (if) civ multiplayer comes up - it doesn't matter much for GOTM, but consider the dramatic impact in a multiplayer game.

Thane

Originally posted by Rhandom
Autosave was turned off for the game of the month, I thought.
You should't use it for changing battle outcomes and other events. However, you have to use the autosave if you win. Otherwise, you can't prove that you won.

Top Bottom