How do you tell what level of city wall your city has?

hucker

Warlord
I can do this with another civ by hovering over the square containing the city, but it doesn't work on my own cities, and my city details lack this information.

You absolutely can tell what walls your city has by hovering over the city center. You can also go into the city interface and open the buildings tab.

You absolutely can tell what walls your city has by hovering over the city center. You can also go into the city interface and open the buildings tab.
Not here. Look:

my city centre.jpg

my city centre details.jpg

Based on the combat strength, I reckon you city has the civil defenses, or whatever it's called, that unlocks around start of modern era (with Steel?). It automatically adds wall-like defenses to all your cities.

Based on the combat strength, I reckon you city has the civil defenses, or whatever it's called, that unlocks around start of modern era (with Steel?). It automatically adds wall-like defenses to all your cities.
There is no option to build walls in that city. Do walls become automatic after civil defences is discovered?

I just checked two cities in a civ I'm at war with, one shows three walls when I hover over the tile, the other shows none, yet they both have similar combat strength (94 and 93).

There is no option to build walls in that city. Do walls become automatic after civil defences is discovered?
Yes, unlocking Steel automatically and permanently builds defenses for all of your cities while preventing the building of walls. If they are destroyed they can be repaired with a city project. They are not buildings, unlike walls, so don't show up as buildings in the usual places.

Ah, so rendering telling what level things are impossible.

Also, how come my enemy has one city I can see the walls in and one I cannot?

If I remember correctly, walls don't actually go away after researching Steel, they just stop providing defenses. The buildings aren't destroyed and are still there they just don't do anything but provide tourism if you've unlocked Conservation, if I remember the correct tech.

Ah, so rendering telling what level things are impossible.

if your enemy has researched steel then im guessing what happened was that only one city had walls, and then steel came along and now both have civil defenses. once steel's unlocked walls do nothing aside from provide tourism (after conservation civic i believe), look pretty, and need repairs if the civil defenses get damaged. but they don't actually contribute to defenses anymore, it's just (civil defenses)+(number of districts times some number i don't remember)
edit: ninja'd

Top Bottom