How do you use debug mode

If you want to enable Debug mode, open the editor and go to "Scenario Properties" (or press alt-enter). Adjacent to "Map Options", there's a little box that says "Debug mode". Check it.

With debug mode enabled, you can use the following cheats in your scenario according to the CivX Edit help:

Shift + F1" - Select a unit to place on the map
$" - Adds 100 Gold
At the City Screen: "a" - Adds 1 Population
At the City Screen: "b" - Adds an improvement
At the City Screen: "s" - Adds 100 Shields
At the Science Advisor Screen: "Shift + Right-Click" researches the selected (clicked) tech

At the Science Advisor Screen: "+" (or "=") researches all of the techs for the current era.

I haven't tried the debug mode yet, but it does look mighty interesting.

This is great for anyone who likes to test out scenarios and to watch AI tendencies, but I would have liked to be able to turn the 'cheat option' on and off throughout the game. (Of course, you would have to select whether or not you can ever use the 'debug' mode at the start of the game, so it would be totally unusable in GOTM and tournaments games). I don't want to see the whole map the whole game and watch barbarians sit around twiddling their thumbs.

I have tested them, they all work, but placing units is pretty tricky. Took me awhile to figure it out. You need to double left-click on the unit, but hold down when pressing the mouse the second time, drag the mouse to where you want the unit to go, then press the right-click and then release the left-click :rolleyes:

Oh, cool! In the de-bug mode, you can see what AI strategies the AI assigns to it's units. I added the javelineer and gave it the same stats as the Numdian Mercenary. It is flagged as either an offensive or defensive unit. The units that the AI assigns as defensive don't get any markings, but the offensive units get 'OFFENSE' marked after them.

Hey, that is cool! Kinda takes the surprise out of it, but it's cool nonetheless.

Btw, I downloaded the Javinteer unit but I haven't installed it yet. How does it look in-game?

Top Bottom