1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] How Does a City Get Into the Top 5?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Lennier, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Lennier

Lennier Emperor

This is the "Top 5 Cities" screen from my current game:
    Spoiler :

Why is Phoenician #3? It has no wonders, is only size 8, and can't have tons of culture as it was founded fairly late as a barb city. Why isn't Tenochtitlan on the list? I don't remember how big it was on this turn, but it was in the double digits and had three wonders in it.

2. elmurcis

elmurcis Emperor

If got demographics of Japan, could check F9 culture graph if there was culture-bomb - that might make it instant top5.
    Otherwise (from pure player view, no idea about mechanics behind it) - culture and size matters, so early wonders like Stonehenge can accumulate a lot of culture over time (specially with 2x culture output after 1000 yrs).

3. Kjotleik

Kjotleik Kjotleik

From CvInfoScreen.py:
    Code:
    iTotalCityValue = ((pCity.getCulture() / 5) + (pCity.getFoodRate() + pCity.getProductionRate() \
                        + pCity.calculateGoldRate())) * pCity.getPopulation()
    Looks to me like it is based on Culture, Food, Production and Gold (Commerce?). Then multiplied by population.

I think it is total accumulated culture. It wouldn't make sense otherwise. But what exactly Food-, Production- and Gold-rate means, I don't know. I can only assume it is total food per turn (gross value), total production per turn (including or excluding modifiers?) and total commerce(?) per turn (including or excluding modifiers?).

4. sampsa

sampsa Ghost

Pretty certainly a culture bombed city.

5. Hamilton321

Hamilton321 Warlord

In my last game, the top city was an AI city with like a dozen and a half wonders in it.