How does building city on resource actually work?

bqdx

Chieftain
See the attached screenshot

I started as Tamil and founded two city on Grass Hill with Iron source. I expect these two cities have exactly the same production/food.

However, it turns out that one city got 5 production while the other city only got 2 production. This looks a bit confusing. Anyone has ideas about how it works?

Screenshot (8).png

See the attached screenshot

I started as Tamil and founded two city on Grass Hill with Iron source. I expect these two cities have exactly the same production/food.

However, it turns out that one city got 5 production while the other city only got 2 production. This looks a bit confusing. Anyone has ideas about how it works?

View attachment 520546
the size of the island is important, if it's only a small island then the resource is treated as improved (Ceylon) and unimproved otherwise (Sumatra)

Furthermore, it is only Production and Commerce bonuses from which you will get the improvement bonus. Settling on a Food resource will not give you a substantial Food bonus. I believe the effect is limited to land masses of four tiles and less. Locations where you might take advantage of it include the Maldives, Cyprus, Sri Lanka (either tile, but generally Iron), Java, 1-tile islands in the East Pacific, Hawaii, and the Caribbean islands.

Top Bottom