How does city culture flipping work in C4?

planetfall

Emperor
Has there been anyone breaking out how city culture flipping works in C4?

Cities are only partially flipping as expected so I am trying to understand what's going on. For example, in last game a city of mine that flipped showed culture under 100 in world builder. I surrounded the city with 4 cities where I pushed culture. By late late game the 4 cities had legendary culture, i.e. > 150,000 and still the city didn't flip back. It revolted about 5 times, but never flipped back. There were only two military units in the city. My capital was about 2 times the distance of the AI capital, but still it should have flipped.

Any excellent threads on this? Is there a limit on the number of cities that will culture flip in a game? Is there a limit on the number of cities that will culture flip in a turn?

Thanks for any clues as to what is really going on.

You say it was originally your city? Check to see what options you ticked when creating the game. One of them prevents cities from flipping back to their original owners regardless of the cultural pressure.

There's a whole spat of games in the succession game forums on winning conquest through culture flips atm - those probably should give you insight.

I didn't have city flipping after conquest checked.

Thanks. Still interested in any threads going into the details of how culture flipping works.

Top Bottom