1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How does the "Bless Promotion" work?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Arpymaster, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Arpymaster

Arpymaster Warlord

Hello fans!

I was in a war last night against the calabim and saw my monks with the bless promotion+hidden nationality to loose their bless promotion after one battle. :mad:

I had seen this behaviour before (in previous versions) with my baron, but always though it was because he was in the animal category, not an adept, melee, etc.

Is this behaviour intended? To loose the bless promotion after one battle? Because in other versions the promotion was kept (but I can't be sure about other hidden nationality units).

2. TheBoatman

TheBoatman Warlord

Bless should always last only to next battle. You can cast it again at the end of the turn.

3. Vulcans

Vulcans Prince

i notice newly created arcane units have bless, while the rest don't.

4. OzzyKP

OzzyKP Emperor

There is a wonder you can build that will give bless to all units built there. Perhaps you have that wonder in the city you are creating those arcane units in.

5. Vulcans

Vulcans Prince

no i don't have that wonder in the city. or any other wonders in the city. but they are always blessed when created, but the bless promotion vanishes shortly after, as i have a stockpile of about 20 adepts, and only the most reacent one is always blessed. i'll have to check if the promotion goes at the end of the first turn, or when it naturally gains experiance

6. Kael

Kael Deity

The Altar of the Luonnotar blesses all newly built living units in your empire, not just the city it is built in. So having one in another city would cause your newly built units to start blessed as well.

7. Vulcans

Vulcans Prince

ok, that makes sence.

actually it's a fairly pointless effect, unless you're under siege, and you rush a unit for last minute defence. i normally have a large empire and it takes several turns to get units to the front line.

8. Kael

Kael Deity

Bless lasts until the units first combat. So they get the bonus in 1 battle regardless if it in the city they were built in, or a hundred turns and half a world away.