1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How does the lead-up differ for you from 4?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by nekom, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Thyrwyn

Thyrwyn Guardian at the Gate

You can't. You get her to ignore YOU. . . encourage her to spend time with her friends, you know, sort of a "girl's night out". makes you seem very understanding and supportive. That, or just go without sleep. . .

2. Wolle68

Wolle68 Warlord

:lol:

Devious, I like it.

3. Avatan

Avatan Warlord

Eventhough I have been hooked on the franchise since Civ II (I was 8 by the time!), I actually stopped playing videogames for quite a few years because of my studies (except for the occasionnal civ IV relapse), but this summer I grew kind of obsessed with CiV.

I can tell for sure what I will be doing on the 21st (so close, but yet... so far!!)

4. Elrikk

Elrikk Chieftain

You simply start early in the relationship so that by the time you get married the lady in question knows your habits. I mean they have no right to complain - they knew what they were getting when they married you. I never understood all those namby pamby guys who worry about what their significant others are feeling about their game playing. Its there place to worry about us and keep the drinks and snacks coming.

At least that's how I handled it with my ex wives. ;)

5. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

I found another solution - my wife plays civ as well :)

6. V. Soma

V. Soma long time civ fan

For the OP, a Bob Dylan quote:

"Wanna get married? Do it now - tomorrow all activity will cease..." ;)

7. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

I generally don't like to get too hyped about games. I like to go in fresh. In fact, this is the first time I participated in a the forums of a game before release and saw the preview screenshots. Like I said, I prefer to be surprised and not spoiled. That's how I was with Dragon Age. I went in fresh, and everything in the game was a pleasant surprise- probably the best game that came out last year.

Civ4 I bought shortly (less than one week I believe) after release. In a regular store of course. Civ4 took a little getting used to, but I never even considered going back to 3. It was an amazing game and just got better with the expansions.

Civ5 I will most likely buy in a brick and mortar store as well. I prefer this as my internet isn't that fast, and I like holding the box in my hand.

8. Alki

Alki Prince

This.