How does the Ottoman conditional spawn work?

cmakk1012

Prince
Please help me, because I am confused. Does it even still exist in 1.16?

As the Arabians, I held onto every city west of the Zagros that I owned, and reconquered cities back for the Byzantines (since they were inept AI and couldn’t defend them properly). Is it just the fact that the Seljuks took those cities that lets the spawn work? Because the Ottomans spawned even though I thought I had satisfied the conditions...

Please help me, because I am confused. Does it even still exist in 1.16?

As the Arabians, I held onto every city west of the Zagros that I owned, and reconquered cities back for the Byzantines (since they were inept AI and couldn’t defend them properly). Is it just the fact that the Seljuks took those cities that lets the spawn work? Because the Ottomans spawned even though I thought I had satisfied the conditions...

It's the fact that the Seljuqs conquered anything. If you are aiming to deny the Ottoman spawn, you need to hold all of Turkey plus the Middle East and defend it.

It's the fact that the Seljuqs conquered anything. If you are aiming to deny the Ottoman spawn, you need to hold all of Turkey plus the Middle East and defend it.

This is correct, but I believe also the region that is tested for the Ottoman spawn also includes Persia, i.e., it's not just west of the Zagros Mountains that counts. On the 600 AD map, the Turks conquering Herat or Shiraz would also count. (This is a change; there was a time when the Ottoman spawn was conditional on the Seljuks (before the separate Turkic civilization was added) conquering anything west of the Zagros.)

So the area to hold is all Turkey, Babilonia and Persia until the border of India?
How to deny the Ottoman spawn?

Top Bottom