1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How does the Ottoman conditional spawn work?

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by cmakk1012, Sep 30, 2019.

1. cmakk1012

cmakk1012 Prince

Please help me, because I am confused. Does it even still exist in 1.16?

As the Arabians, I held onto every city west of the Zagros that I owned, and reconquered cities back for the Byzantines (since they were inept AI and couldn’t defend them properly). Is it just the fact that the Seljuks took those cities that lets the spawn work? Because the Ottomans spawned even though I thought I had satisfied the conditions...

2. Orbii

Orbii Warlord

It's the fact that the Seljuqs conquered anything. If you are aiming to deny the Ottoman spawn, you need to hold all of Turkey plus the Middle East and defend it.

cmakk1012 likes this.
  3. Hightower

Hightower Prince

This is correct, but I believe also the region that is tested for the Ottoman spawn also includes Persia, i.e., it's not just west of the Zagros Mountains that counts. On the 600 AD map, the Turks conquering Herat or Shiraz would also count. (This is a change; there was a time when the Ottoman spawn was conditional on the Seljuks (before the separate Turkic civilization was added) conquering anything west of the Zagros.)

4. Gianmarco Silvestro

Gianmarco Silvestro Chieftain

So the area to hold is all Turkey, Babilonia and Persia until the border of India?
    How to deny the Ottoman spawn?