1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How far cities from one another?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Bobolove, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Bobolove

Bobolove Chieftain

Playing Deity now. Need to place my second city. Dont wanna fudge up. Need answer quick. How many tiles is optimal for cities to be from one another?

2. Takfloyd

Takfloyd Prince

They can work 3 hexes away from the city center. You do the math. It doesn't matter if they're a little further or closer though.

Making sure to place Industrial Districts so they're 6 or less tiles from as many city centers as possible is far more important.

3. JustNilt

JustNilt Chieftain

This is one of those things I can't wait for a mod to show me, too. It'll take the tedium out of trying to figure that out.

4. Bobolove

Bobolove Chieftain

So basicly if I have thight city span (eg. all cities 3 tiles away) placing iundustrial districts is not possible?

5. InkyK

InkyK Chieftain

No, they're saying you should cluster your cities just close enough that your Industrial Districts can affect as many cities as possible.

6. Zenstrive

Zenstrive Ocean King

I think the optimal setting is like this: put the second city 3 tiles apart to the right from the first city, 2 tiles in straightline, and one going up or down. Put the cities like that clockwise with the capital as the center, if possible.. Then put industrial districts two tiles to the left of first city.

7. CivScientist

CivScientist Warlord

Press "4". That will show you where you can place your cities. Red is no go, grey is ok but lacking water (so less housing to start off with), and green is ideal.

As for ideal distance...closer seems better to take advantage of industrial zones with factories.

8. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

Is there the same landmass effect as in civ5
    (Cities normally need a 4 tile distance, but they can be at a 3 tile distance if they are on different landmasses)