How Far Will the Woke Mob Go?

Who is this addressed to. Because it can't be me, as I don't use the term "woke mob," except in quotation marks as one of many stupid and counter-productive zeitgeist terms thrown around all the time today, diluting the discourse to an utter cesspool. So, since this isn't a term I use, it couldn't be directed against me, could it? So I'm just curious as to whom it is directed against.
Paranoia much? :huh:

Paranoia much? :huh:

Asking for clarification is not paranoia. My style of question is well warranted considering the history of posts of the one I'm asking.

It's been over 48 hours. Am I to assume that there is no text analog article to this video, or that the point in this video was so flimsy, ephemeral, or even embarrassing, it wasn't even worth posting in the first place?

Now I understand the secret behind a moderate's mentality - they feel persecuted by both the left and the right.

But since the right often represents the status quo, they naturally feel more comfortable with it.

Now I understand the secret behind a moderate's mentality - they feel persecuted by both the left and the right.

But since the right often represents the status quo, they naturally feel more comfortable with it.

Scratch a modetate/centrist and a conservative whose too ashamed to acknowledge or admit who they be bleeds

It's been over 48 hours. Am I to assume that there is no text analog article to this video, or that the point in this video was so flimsy, ephemeral, or even embarrassing, it wasn't even worth posting in the first place?

Are you going to actually make me spell it out man?

I think moderates and centrists have a nasty habit of vapidly taking sides with who ever is nicest to them instead of developing and following any real set of principles of their own. And the right-wing are experts at pretending to be nice.

I think moderates and centrists have a nasty habit of vapidly taking sides with who ever is nicest to them instead of developing and following any real set of principles of their own. And the right-wing are experts at pretending to be nice.
The thing is, whatever the right is pushing out makes it look like that their side is more sane and better whilst making the other side look like a bunch of nuts. That gives me a worried feeling since it’s not only a trap, but a pipeline to the Alt-Right if they choose to go further down past the 5th “Epic SJW Cringe Compilation #140”.

I feel that there should be a better way to engage the moderates, centrists, and uninitiated/undecided without making them feel defensive.

The alt-right appears nicer or less nuts? Really? Trumpists and the like? I don't buy it.

I doubt it's the alt-right that appears more 'reasonable'. It's the traditional right, who may or may not have allied with the alt-right. These are the people who are pro-status quo. They tend to be older and be in a position of power and wealth. They can afford to emphasise their leisurely preference for 'civilised debate'. Are the alt-right calling for foreigners to be kicked out? Let's discuss this politely while people are being detained. Are the police killing people without due process? Let's not rush out to the streets to protest but talk about police reform. Is capitalism creating huge issues that are increasingly threatening the world? Well, let's discuss how important capitalism is for innovation.

These are the people that make it easy for moderates to turn to them because they don't have to fight for anything. The path of least resistance is always easier.

The alt-right appears nicer or less nuts? Really? Trumpists and the like? I don't buy it.
The public face of the alt-right is clean cut young men in shirts and ties. To a certain kind of moderate, this fits the bill of "nicer and less nuts". They may well object to the hooting red-faced MAGA crowd, but the fact that there is a supply of polite, well-presented people in that ideological space allows this yobbishness to be framed as a characteristic of Trump and his personality cult, rather than of the politics he represents; that the problem with Trumpism is Trump personally, and not his politics. It's very plausible to me that a moderate could look at somebody like Tom Cotton and think they have somebody they can work with.

I’m gonna have to give you props on not buying into their snake oil salesmanship. Especially the crap they pump out on YouTube.

Edit: Tratorfish’s explanation is much better than what I can describe.

Last edited:
They do, of course.

I thought it was Hawaiian Shirt Friday before the Boogaloo Bois stole it.

Boogaloo Hawaiian shirts are a more discrete brownshirt uniform. Of course wearing tactical gear and fake ballistic vests over them kind of defeats the purpose.

Last edited:
Scratch a modetate/centrist and a conservative whose too ashamed to acknowledge or admit who they be bleeds

Is this statement directed at me? What makes you think I'm a conservative that I've actually posted? Because I've opposed arbitrary, unaccountable, unappealable censorship based on ideology (or even just alleged ideology) alone? Because I don't support vigilante militias committing unaccountable violence supposed to bring "true justice?" Because I don't the outright banning of whole political parties (of any sort) and holding all who voted for them (in violation of the right of the secret ballot) to an ominous "account?" Because I disagree with being fired arbitrarily for statements made "off-the-clock," - even if misinterpreted or having their intentions solely alleged - and with no ability to make an argument in their defense? I believe these are the major areas we've locked horns on, ideologically, no? Well, when they're put that way, I sound like someone who would be taken away by the Blackshirts for criticizing some of Mussolini's favourite tactics in Fascist Italy - not even remotely a "conservative." So, unless you have REAL backing for that statement - which I believe is just political slander, of which your no stranger to. But since you can't be trusted at all in any integrity and believability in ideological labelling - especially with the highly irresponsible and inappropriate way you throw around the word Fascist and such, you calling me a "conservative," is just Donald Trump-style namecalling, really.

The thing is, whatever the right is pushing out makes it look like that their side is more sane and better whilst making the other side look like a bunch of nuts. That gives me a worried feeling since it’s not only a trap, but a pipeline to the Alt-Right if they choose to go further down past the 5th “Epic SJW Cringe Compilation #140”.

I feel that there should be a better way to engage the moderates, centrists, and uninitiated/undecided without making them feel defensive.

I doubt it's the alt-right that appears more 'reasonable'. It's the traditional right, who may or may not have allied with the alt-right. These are the people who are pro-status quo. They tend to be older and be in a position of power and wealth. They can afford to emphasise their leisurely preference for 'civilised debate'. Are the alt-right calling for foreigners to be kicked out? Let's discuss this politely while people are being detained. Are the police killing people without due process? Let's not rush out to the streets to protest but talk about police reform. Is capitalism creating huge issues that are increasingly threatening the world? Well, let's discuss how important capitalism is for innovation.

These are the people that make it easy for moderates to turn to them because they don't have to fight for anything. The path of least resistance is always easier.

Are you going to actually make me spell it out man?

Why are you guys still hung up on me supporting the "status quo." You haven't been reading my posts at all if you think I have. So, if you wont read my posts, and read what is I actually believe, which I've stated quite a few times, if not at all in one place, I'd appreciate if you, too, would quit the Donald Trump style namecalling and trying to "decide," my ideology for me (you fail badly on that). And you all don't even a compelling propaganda mill of lies to read in your posts - propaganda artists are far more entertaining. So, just know, your blatant lies about me are as transparent as well-polished glass no doubt is in Trump Tower.

Is this statement directed at me?...
....Why are you guys still hung up on me supporting the "status quo." You haven't been reading my posts at all if you think I have.

Dude, not everything has to revolve around you.

So, if you wont read my posts, and read what is I actually believe, which I've stated quite a few times, if not at all in one place, I'd appreciate if you, too, would quit the Donald Trump style namecalling and trying to "decide," my ideology for me (you fail badly on that).
Says the person who assumes people are talking about you when we’re not even talking about you. Stop being paranoid, the frog people aren’t living under your bed judging you.

Stop. Being. PARANOID.

Top Bottom