How Far Will the Woke Mob Go?

...but @Arwon was talking about him?

So being nice works better?

Correct. Go to a used car lot or a timeshare meeting to see how pretending to be nice is an effective tactic at duping people; or at least effective at putting them into a state where they're more easily duped.

Last edited:
Why are you guys still hung up on me supporting the "status quo." You haven't been reading my posts at all if you think I have. So, if you wont read my posts, and read what is I actually believe, which I've stated quite a few times, if not at all in one place, I'd appreciate if you, too, would quit the Donald Trump style namecalling and trying to "decide," my ideology for me (you fail badly on that). And you all don't even a compelling propaganda mill of lies to read in your posts - propaganda artists are far more entertaining. So, just know, your blatant lies about me are as transparent as well-polished glass no doubt is in Trump Tower.

I thought you're a moderate and not a right-winger?

I think moderates and centrists have a nasty habit of vapidly taking sides with who ever is nicest to them

It is not nasty, it is only sensible if circumstances oblige one to align with one of two
sides (neither of which one agrees with), to choose the one that is most polite.

instead of developing and following any real set of principles of their own.

It is a mistake to think that moderates and centrists do not have principles.

And the right-wing are experts at pretending to be nice.

Some are, some are not; and I could say the same about the left-wing.

Because the left does not wear shirts and ties? If it's so simple, maybe it's something to think about.
I don't think that the left gains anything much from convincing moderates of their good faith. The left succeeds when it mobilises non-voters; appealing to the centre is a trap which buries left-wing electoral campaigns.

Some are, some are not; and I could say the same about the left-wing.
The left routinely comes across as whinging sanctimonious babies, we are terrible at pretending to be nice.

I thought you're a moderate and not a right-winger?

I haven't actually self-identified as either, actually. I have made my views on things very clear in a number of past posts in the last several months, even if not all in one place. My views call for radical reform, accountability, and transparency, not the "status quo," and the full criminal accounting and punishment by all government officials who have long committed "state crimes," against the people, nation, and other nations, and utterly betrayed the trust and violated their mandate of power and oath of office, regardless of whether they're Republicans or Democrats. The dismantling of the corrupt, failed, and treasonous political Duopoly and the rigged electoral system that artificially keeps both parties in power by huge margins, as well as getting rid of the EC, and allowing a true politically healthy and functional multi-party system where the voters have true choice, and a way to hold elected officials to account. Also, the power of corporate and moneyed special interest and lobby group plutocratic oligarch donors, of which there are a lot funding, and outright bribing, each major party, being neutered in their corrupt power over politics. I also believe in true equality - however naïve that may sound - and a halsean day where everyone has potentially equal opportunities, rights, treatment, and economic, political, legal and judicial standing, and inborn demographics will be an irrelevancy in all economic, political, legal and judicial matters, and bigotry will be wiped out - not through the current draconian and clumsy methods being done, but by education and a better and more enlightened society for our descendants. I do not believe in hard demographic, either in the way proposed by either Socially Conservative or Socially Progressive patterns of thought, and believe that both are the road to ruin. I am not definitely not "status quo," or "moderate," obviously - my views are about REALLY shaking the boat - but since I do view the American political Duopoly as a whole as being two huge Engines of Evil, Corruption, and Treason, and that it has to go in it's entirety for any TRUE improvement to be made, my views are hard to support for those firmly tied to the American "Left," or "Right," because is, more or less, tied at the hip in it's political fortunes and loyalties to one of these criminal cartels against the other, and believe it's only truly appropriate to fully and all-out call out the other for their wrongdoings. This is a good part of what I believe (there is more, of course, but these are the most contentious parts). And all of this has been brought up by in a fair number of posts here (if not all in one place) in the past several months. Which leads to the poignant question - where the Hell did you get "closet Conservative pretending to be a Pro-Status Quo Moderate," from, if not unfounded, wholecloth political slander?

It is not nasty, it is only sensible if circumstances oblige one to align with one of two
sides (neither of which one agrees with), to choose the one that is most polite.

It is a mistake to think that moderates and centrists do not have principles.

maybe politeness is one of those principles

I haven't actually self-identified as either, actually. I have made my views on things very clear in a number of past posts in the last several months, even if not all in one place. My views call for radical reform, accountability, and transparency, not the "status quo," and the full criminal accounting and punishment by all government officials who have long committed "state crimes," against the people, nation, and other nations, and utterly betrayed the trust and violated their mandate of power and oath of office, regardless of whether they're Republicans or Democrats. The dismantling of the corrupt, failed, and treasonous political Duopoly and the rigged electoral system that artificially keeps both parties in power by huge margins, as well as getting rid of the EC, and allowing a true politically healthy and functional multi-party system where the voters have true choice, and a way to hold elected officials to account. Also, the power of corporate and moneyed special interest and lobby group plutocratic oligarch donors, of which there are a lot funding, and outright bribing, each major party, being neutered in their corrupt power over politics. I also believe in true equality - however naïve that may sound - and a halsean day where everyone has potentially equal opportunities, rights, treatment, and economic, political, legal and judicial standing, and inborn demographics will be an irrelevancy in all economic, political, legal and judicial matters, and bigotry will be wiped out - not through the current draconian and clumsy methods being done, but by education and a better and more enlightened society for our descendants. I do not believe in hard demographic, either in the way proposed by either Socially Conservative or Socially Progressive patterns of thought, and believe that both are the road to ruin. I am not definitely not "status quo," or "moderate," obviously - my views are about REALLY shaking the boat - but since I do view the American political Duopoly as a whole as being two huge Engines of Evil, Corruption, and Treason, and that it has to go in it's entirety for any TRUE improvement to be made, my views are hard to support for those firmly tied to the American "Left," or "Right," because is, more or less, tied at the hip in it's political fortunes and loyalties to one of these criminal cartels against the other, and believe it's only truly appropriate to fully and all-out call out the other for their wrongdoings. This is a good part of what I believe (there is more, of course, but these are the most contentious parts). And all of this has been brought up by in a fair number of posts here (if not all in one place) in the past several months. Which leads to the poignant question - where the Hell did you get "closet Conservative pretending to be a Pro-Status Quo Moderate," from, if not unfounded, wholecloth political slander?

That's hell of a long self label.

That's hell of a long self label.

Non-conformist, radical reformist, anti-partisan political iconoclasts often do have such labels. And you REALLY thought I was a closet Conservative posing as a pro-Status Quo Moderate? Joke's on you! :p

I don't think you're a closet conservative, so joke's on you.

You're just an extremely eccentric and hysterical person with an idiosyncratic view of ideology and what it means to have beliefs.

The funny thing is he does what everyone does, just with 100 times more length. But it's not any better.

Actually, that makes sense. Paragraphing divides. Nuance implies detail and the plethora of details that you can perceive can only be conveyed in text by bombarding the eyes with words and letters.

Is this the contemporary Adorno?

Moderator Action: Stop talking about each other and discuss the topic, please.

“I think we should be rooting for him to succeed because if the president succeeds we all succeed,” he said.

I remember when this was a thing! OF course that was before we had a president that called everyone that disagreed with him and enemy of America. And of course the only Americans that are allowed are the ones in lock step with torturing children of immigrants, policing blacks disproportionately, calling our cities wastelands, cuddling foreign dictators and despots, alienating a world order we built for the last 80 years, and on and on and on.

Wow it's torturing the children of immigrants now? I love the Chinese whispers with this one.

Top Bottom