1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How I fixed my slow turns and lock ups...

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Bug Reports' started by melatonin, Dec 3, 2005.

1. melatonin

melatonin Chieftain

Well I kinda feel stupid because this is a large error on my part. However I figured I'd share this so maybe a few other folks can benefit. Before I fixed my probs, I was experiencing extremely long turns (5+ min) and large maps would lock up my pc completely when I tried loading them. Overall, really poor performance.

Well I figured the game locking up while loading a map was due to my video card locking up and not responding since it turned monitor black. So I've been waiting till new omega drivers came out. However there was one other thing I changed, I noticed I didn't have AGP drivers installed for my mobo. :eek: So in ATI control panel it was turned off. This last thing, not having the AGP drivers, I think was what was causing me the most probs.

So the following fixed my probs with ATI 9800 PRO:

Installing v5.1.1 of Omega ATI drivers: http://www.omegadrivers.net/
    Install AGP drivers, which are now set to x8.

Now I'll finally be able to play a game :goodjob:

2. AsnoT

AsnoT Mostly Civilized

congratulations, it's a great card for the price :)