[R&F] How I Got Worldbuilder to Work for Me

Scryer

Chieftain
Ok so I have been playing CIV6 for like a year now and back in Civ 5 I loved making maps and all that jazz. Now I have been struggling for a year since a certain update came out with Civ 6 that renders my mapping useless. After searching for an answer, I feel that the Civ 6 modders have kept the ins-and-outs of worldbuilder the best kept secret among Civ 6 fans.

Today I finally found a solution to play the maps that I make in Worldbuilder. And I have absolutely ZERO experience modding. What I did was I followed the steps through this link.
Now I haven't been able to find out how to add all of the DLC civs to the Worldbuilder saves but at least I can play a map that I create in WB.

However I have been experimenting a little...

• If you save your map and make it playable in the main game using blkbutterfly's guide, you can load it into WB.
  • If you go to Create New Map under WB, you can select the map that you made playable.
  • From there, add all of the DLC civs that you want to use and save the game. Remember, you cannot load it once you save it with DLC civs and City States (like Persia) so save another file as a backup with the standard civs.
  • Follow the instructions as hyperlinked above, instead adding the map that you saved with your DLC civs in it.
  • Create a new game, selecting your map.
This worked for me. Now again, I am no experienced modder; just a dude that likes to amateurily create his own maps. Hopefully this will crack open the WB secrets and save someone else from like a year of searching for answers.

Top Bottom