How intelligent do you consider yourself to be, compared with other CFC OTers?

If you can't work out what this poll is asking, click option 6.

• It's so delightfully quaint to converse with such primative beings. (Well above average)

Votes: 36 27.5%
  • Sometimes I find it difficult to explain just [i]why[/i] you're wrong.

Votes: 32 24.4%
  • Lets just agree that we are both wrong (Average)

Votes: 31 23.7%
  • Hey! No fair! He used maths!

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Lolz u suckz0rz n00b (Well below average)

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • Ooh a poll me clicky!

Votes: 14 10.7%

• Total voters
Paradoxically, I think part of the reason I'm smarter today than I was when I first joined was my interactions on this forum with subjects I wouldn't have discussed otherwise. Weird, isn't it?
Yeah, same here...

Though I've lost the ability to spell, apparently.

Paradoxically, I think part of the reason I'm smarter today than I was when I first joined was my interactions on this forum with subjects I wouldn't have discussed otherwise. Weird, isn't it?
Yet, regardless of how long I have been around, I am still dumb and illogical.

We now have the paradox of people trying to appear humble so that they can appear less arrogant , ignorant and therefor smarter in comparison . Trademarked by Socrates Εν οιδα οτι ουδεν οιδα . One thing i know , that i know nothing. Yet if examined we conclude it is another form of Arrogance. "I am more humble therefore i am better. " Paradox ?

This is a pretty heady group, by and large. I'll freely admit that I may well be in the "Hey, no fair, he used math" catagory compared to the majority here. That said, there are plenty of dumb rocks (God bless their souls, they're still great folks) on here.

I have no problem at all with less intelligent people relying on math to help them understand things;)

I am undoubtedly below average compared to you guys. Cripes my grammar is junk, calculus was struggle, couldn't construct an argument if you paid me and philosophy was for the guys who actually studied.
I went to school in Arizona so what would you expect? I will say I ranked "It's so delightfully quaint to converse with such primative beings" socially though.

Life's good.

Its a box of chocolates.

You know, I never actually understood that quote?

"Life is like a box of chocolates; you'll never know what you're gonna get", says Forrest, and everybody nods.

Well I, if only me, know what to expect from a box of chocolates:

it's chocolates.

Maybe someone can enlighten me?

Regards :).

Until you bite into it, you may not know whether you are getting caramel, strawberry, marshmellow fluff, more chocolate, etc. The quote is about the innards of the chocolate candies in the box.

I'm smarter then the vast majority, but there are a few people who stand out as probably smarter then me:
Plotinus, FredLC, Fifty, TLC, Stratego
And those who might be:
Simon Darkshade, Nihilistic, Newfangle, Sultan Bhargash, Betazed, Lefty, Ainwood

You know, I never actually understood that quote?

"Life is like a box of chocolates; you'll never know what you're gonna get", says Forrest, and everybody nods.

Well I, if only me, know what to expect from a box of chocolates:

it's chocolates.

Maybe someone can enlighten me?

Regards :).
But what's in the chocolate? Nougat, peanut butter, a cherry, toffee, caramel, coffee beans, crispy rice, cookie? The possibilities are endless!

Compared to you guys? I'd say average-ish. Not much of a math/science person, or much of an academic person really, but I know my stuff when it counts.

In real life I enjoy sipping lattes with my Nobel laureate friends. I only come here to "keep it real." ;)

(In reality, I voted for the second option.)

Well below average. Because I get completely lost once a thread dives into heavy mathematics and the like. And probably for other areas of intellect as well.

That and someone has to be below average eventually, just by looking at the skewed poll results.

Top Bottom