1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How intelligent do you consider yourself to be, compared with other CFC OTers?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Mise, Jun 16, 2007.

?

If you can't work out what this poll is asking, click option 6.

1. It's so delightfully quaint to converse with such primative beings. (Well above average)

36 vote(s)
    27.5%
  2. Sometimes I find it difficult to explain just [i]why[/i] you're wrong.

32 vote(s)
    24.4%
  3. Lets just agree that we are both wrong (Average)

31 vote(s)
    23.7%
  4. Hey! No fair! He used maths!

10 vote(s)
    7.6%
  5. Lolz u suckz0rz n00b (Well below average)

8 vote(s)
    6.1%
  6. Ooh a poll me clicky!

14 vote(s)
    10.7%
  1. Darth_Pugwash

Darth_Pugwash wobble wobble

HINT: It's cause everybody thinks they are above average. Oh CivG, you would know that if you weren't so dumb!
    Moderator Action: Flaming.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889
    Clearly only a genius of the most distinctly above average sort could make such an observation. :p

2. Moss

Moss CFC Scribe Retired Moderator

I voted: Ooh a poll me clicky! And I'm sad this poll wasn't public.

What I find with CFC is not that people lack intelligence, they usually lack (not always) the appropriate knowledge of what they are talking about. Of course, that's just as, if not more, true in real life.

3. Kerozine

Kerozine Deity

I is dispointed pole not public. :-(

4. IAM

IAM Emperor

It's not what you don't know that makes people dumb it's what they know to be true that isn't.

I'm just an average genius.

5. Bast

Bast Protector of Cats

Hey what about me? :p

I think I'm definitely above average. But a concept like "intelligence" is too simplified and skewed towards certain types of intelligences. I value the ability to think outside the square above anything else.

6. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Fantasy Warlord

As to pure intelligence, I know I am above average and have found no reason to doubt that in OT... :lol:
    Of course, even with above average IQ, that means there are many more as smart as I and some who are smarter.

What often (pleasantly) surprises me is how knowledgeable some people are in specific fields. Knowledge =/= intelligence, but these people are also mostly plenty smart and one can learn quite a bit from them. In fact, that is the only reason I keep coming back here! That's mostly in the History forum, though, not so much OT.
    Seeing idiots lolz can be quite entertaining, but in the long run it get's old quickly...

7. stormbind

stormbind Retenta personam!

The vast lot of mes? Lets be reasonable.

8. bathsheba666

bathsheba666 Fast 'n Bulbous

You mean the involuntary contributions of free clothing and electronics continue ?

Hasn't anyone told him Harvard isn't in Africa?

:lmao:

9. RedRalph

RedRalph Deity

On some subjects, I'm well ahead of most, on most subjects, I'm about the same as most, on some, I'm cataclysmically stupid.

10. Narz

Narz keeping it real

In terms of innate intelligence I'd say I'm probably slightly above average for this forum. As for specific knowledge, it depends on the subject. On political subjects or cultural trivia my knowledge is probably well below average.

It's really fairly hard to tell though. IMO intelligence's main worth is problem solving & thinking on one's feet. I've never actually spent more than a few hours with anyone from here so it's hard to say who's really smart & who's not.

I've seen some rather stupid arguments from people who's intelligence I imagine is probably fairly high but the nature of internet forums rewards zingers & offhand remarks above carefully researched & thought out points of discussion.

I'd say my social intelligence is significantly higher than the average here (mean average not necessarily median).

11. Huayna Capac357

Huayna Capac357 Deity

If you want to say social intelligence, like social skills, then I'm really below average. I have no tact lol. I think I'm better now than when I joined this forum though, thanks in part to being on this forum.

12. Abaddon

Abaddon Deity

I am smarter in some things, dumber in others... average?

13. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

about as smart as the smartest ones here. most of them have it easier cuz english is their native language. some of them have it way easier because they KNOW more stuff than I do, which doesn't translate to intelligent but sure does help.

14. schlaufuchs

schlaufuchs La Femme Moderne

I think this is essentially true for the entirety of CFC OT posters

15. The Imp

The Imp Kinslayer

Average intelligence guy who has his moments?