[GS] How is Hungary's "across the river" defined?

iammaxhailme

Emperor
Does your city have to be on the river itself? What if the river has tributaries? etc

I am pretty sure it is only the hexes directly across the city center. If you are lucky you can find a river with a bend in it.

I would be curious to see the code that contains the logic for it though.

The reason I asked is because I was curious about the woods tile between the river split, that's surrounded by the cattle and sheep

I'm on the same side as one of the river splits, but not the other. Do you have to be across from ANY river? Does it depend on which river split it is? I guess I"ll test and figure it out

I'm pretty sure it only affects tiles that are immediately adjacent to the city center, but with a river between them.

It's not just "on the other side of the river and within working range".

I'm pretty sure it only affects tiles that are immediately adjacent to the city center, but with a river between them.

It's not just "on the other side of the river and within working range".

The testing I just did seems to agree with this, so I guess that answers it. Now I"m curious about what if I had put my city in that tile I point out, though... well, I"ll test that too if I get another place to try

I'd guess it would count for every tile but the cattle to the south if you went for the wood at the rivers' point of confluence.

Top Bottom