1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How is local city happiness calculated?

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Boombar, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Boombar

Boombar Chieftain

I have -2 poverty, -2 crime, +10 from science, +1 culture and somehow my capital is at -3 happiness. Shouldn't it be something like +7? or am i missing something here?

2. Legen

Legen King

The needs of a city only generate unhappiness from each of these four sources. Any excess in one source doesn't generate surplus happiness, nor compensate for negative values in the other sources.

So, your capital has 4 unhappiness from needs, and 1 happiness from some other source (social policies, certain beliefs, etc), for a total of -3 happiness.

3. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

"I may be very smart, but I may be robbed of my ever-decreasing wealth, we need barracks and markets."

This is a better system of happiness as you cannot neglect your cities and just specializing to compensate for its weaknesses(you can't just do that in real life!)